Tuesday, July 2, 2019

DAY 183 (2019) - Part 2: Spirit of Depression is a reverse of Psalm 23! (Please click here for English podcast)




Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people


Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."



The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 143:7-12; 2 Kings 20:1-22:2; Acts 21:17-36, Proverbs 18:9-10)




Today's main passage:
Answer me quickly, Lord;
    my spirit fails.
Do not hide your face from me
    or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
    for I hide myself in you.
10 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
    lead me on level ground.
11 For your name’s sake, Lord, preserve my life;
    in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
    destroy all my foes,
    for I am your servant.  Psalm  143:7-12

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

My Listening
I had a big catch yesterday because I found out the Spirit of Depression is actually to turn Psalm 23 upside down! 

Today is the second part of yesterday's message.

Yesterday's Psalm 143:1-6 describes how we would fall into darkness and depression when we are being attacked by our enemies. Actually we use the term "anxiety attack" quite often and of course "depression" is a bigger attack. The situation of Psalm 143:1-7 is exactly the reverse of Psalm 23:1-3.

Today's Psalm 143:8-12 is totally different. After Psalm 143:8"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you", there is a major paradigm shift from the previous seven verses.

Because of the waking up in the morning to have a time with Abba, depression out and Psalm 23:4-6 becomes a reality.

Please read below of those similarities that I have found to help you to know that once you have a time with Abba(the best time is in the morning as describe in today's Psalm), depression can be turned right side up to become a wonderful experience of God with us rather than depression with us:


Psalm 143:8b-9
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
    for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
    for to you I entrust my life.

Rescue me from my enemies, Lord,
    for I hide myself in you.

Psalm 23:4-5a
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
Psalm 143:10
Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
    lead me on level ground.
Psalm 23:5b-6
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Time with Abba, depression out, that is so true!

But, usually we are very lazy, just like today's Proverbs 18:9 "One who is slack in his work is brother to one who destroys." We miss the golden opportunity to have time with Abba each day!

From what I have seen of a lot of churches in Korea and Hong Kong, those churches have morning prayer are all growing in a very special way! It is because when more and more people go to their church early in the morning to pray together, it is a very powerful force of encouragement and momentum!

So, if your church has daily morning prayer, do not be lazy and you need to join, unless you cannot because of work, family, distance or health issues. If your church does not have daily morning prayer, you got to wake up early and have time with Abba yourself!

Today's 2 Kings is one of the saddest passage in the Bible! King Hezekiah had experienced numerous saving acts from God and yet he disregard Isaiah's warning, thinking that he had been through so many crisis and lived so he should be able to go through that time. That's why he did not confess his sins and repented, asked God's forgiveness, then he died right after that! The worst situation is that his son and grandson who were kings after him were all very bad kings! So sad!

Actually the main job of Satan is to reverse the last sentence of Psalm 143:12 "for I am your servant". Satan wants us to quit to be God's servant, unable to be God's servant!
Time with Abba, depression out, be renewed, be God's servant!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Send an angel to kick out all the army of depression for us so  that we can walk joyfully in your presence each day. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
1. What kind of inspiration and encouragement have you received from today's message ?

2. What is your action to walk joyfully in God's presence each day?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to share with your family about today's catch.


Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

    Since January 1, 2016 Richmond Emmanuel Church has non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:00am to 7:30am, Saturday 8am to 9:45am, Sunday 7:00am to 8:25am



The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Please find wonderful pictures of our TWA at Richmond Emmanuel Church:
      



     Ram horns sounding daily to welcome the presence of our might God and to open our souls to prepare receiving His message:





     Three generations TWA worship:


     Daily communion after TWA:


     Parents praying with their daughter: (Rev. Ignatius Ng, Anna Ng and Zoe Glory Ng)



     Mom's TWA:



No comments:

好! 良善的僕人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...