Sunday, October 20, 2019

DAY 292 (2019) - When hard time comes, you sing songs to praise God, He will come to protect you! (Please click here for English podcast)






Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 118:5-21, Jeremiah 35:1-36:32; 1 Timothy 5:1-25, Proverbs 25:25-27)


Today's main passage:
When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord;
    he brought me into a spacious place.
The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?
The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
    I look in triumph on my enemies.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in humans.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in princes.
10 All the nations surrounded me,
    but in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
11 They surrounded me on every side,
    but in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
12 They swarmed around me like bees,
    but they were consumed as quickly as burning thorns;
    in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
    but the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and my defense[a];
    he has become my salvation.    Psalm 118:5-14

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

My Listening
The topic I received today is: When hard time comes, you sing songs to praise God, He will come to protect you!

Do you believe that? Have you experienced that?

NIV version Psalm 118:14 "The Lord is my strength and my defence, he has become my salvation." Another meaning of the word "Defence" is "song", "The Lord is my strength and my song"!

Wow! The word "Defence" and "song" is the same word! What a great catch today! Praise the Lord!

Jesus reminds me right now that one thousand years after King David wrote this Psalm, Paul and Silas were in hard time and they sang hymns, they were being strengthened and God's protection came, even the jailer and his whole family were being saved and baptized! Let's read this passage:




25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose. 27 The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul shouted, “Don’t harm yourself! We are all here!”
29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized. 34 The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God—he and his whole household.     Acts 16:25-34

Jesus reminds me that three thousand years after King David wrote this Psalm, I was in hard time numerous times and I sang hymns, I was being strengthened and God's protection came, every time!

It is a pity that many Christians do not know this secret to kick out the enemies, even Satan's dark forces!

I have been praying hard for a sister in Sabah the past three days because she is in a hard time! She has been leading Praise and Worship and playing keyboard for many years and she is the only one who knows how to do that in her church! But, because of her hard time, she stopped everything and being pulled into depression! Could you pray for her right now that she can be revived and restored and that she can sing songs again to praise God so that she can be strengthened and protected! Please! Pray for her now!

Dear Abba Father,
Help us to sing praises to you continuously so that we can be strengthened and protected. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Reflect on these questions:

1. What kind of inspiration and invitation have you received from today's message ?

2. What is your next step to sing praises to God continuously so that you can be strengthened and protected?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message.

Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons

To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 

Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

    Since January 1, 2016 Richmond Emmanuel Church has non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:00am to 7:30am, Saturday 8am to 9:45am, Sunday 7:00am to 8:25am




The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Please find wonderful pictures of our TWA at Richmond Emmanuel Church:
      



     Ram horns sounding daily to welcome the presence of our might God and to open our souls to prepare receiving His message:





     Three generations TWA worship:


     Daily communion after TWA:


     Parents praying with their daughter: (Rev. Ignatius Ng, Anna Ng and Zoe Glory Ng)



     Mom's TWA:



No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...