Saturday, October 26, 2019

DAY 298 (2019) - Look at your Cel. more than read your Bible! Technology becomes your lord? (Please click here for English podcast)





Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 119:33-40, Jeremiah 49:23-50:46; Titus 1:1-16, Proverbs 26:13-16)


Today's main passages:
Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
    that I may follow it to the end.
34 Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
    and obey it with all my heart.
35 Direct me in the path of your commands,
    for there I find delight.
36 Turn my heart toward your statutes
    and not toward selfish gain.
37 Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
    preserve my life according to your word.
38 Fulfill your promise to your servant,
    so that you may be feared.

39 Take away the disgrace I dread,
    for your laws are good.
40 How I long for your precepts!
    In your righteousness preserve my life.    Psalm 119:33-40

“My people have been lost sheep;
    their shepherds have led them astray
    and caused them to roam on the mountains.
They wandered over mountain and hill
    and forgot their own resting place.

Whoever found them devoured them;
    their enemies said, ‘We are not guilty,
for they sinned against the Lord, their verdant pasture,
    the Lord, the hope of their ancestors.’      Jeremiah 50:6-7

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

My Listening
The topic I received today is: Look at your Cel. more than read your Bible! Technology becomes your lord?

Today's Jesus reminds us through the Psalms and Jeremiah passages the two big crisis of modern people:
1. Look at your Cel. more than read your Bible! Technology becomes your lord!
    When I read Jeremiah 50:6 

     "My people have been lost sheep;
      their shepherds have led them astray
      and cause them to roam on the mountains."

     The word "to roam" makes me to think of "data roaming" in our Cel. phone. The definition of "roaming" in the dictionary is:
      "move about or travel aimlessly or unsystematically, 
      especially of a wide area."

     A trembling moment happened when I just completed the above sentence because Jesus reminded me and said, "Do you know that's how Satan been doing. You read Job chapter one and you will understand."

     Then I opened my Bible to Job 1:6-7. I nearly jumped out of my chair, because "roaming" is the habit of Satan:

  
     One day the angels came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them. The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”
Well, we need to understand that using our Cel. phone should be a good thing and useful habit but when "roaming" use up lots of your time daily and when we are aimlessly and without any purpose to let our Cel. phone to lord us each day, is that a BIG problem?

The fact is that quite a number of Christians have fallen into the crisis of today's topic:
Look at your Cel. more than read your Bible! Technology becomes your lord?

2. You need to become the Servant of Jesus and not the servant of technology so that you can receive the promise in today's Psalm and not live in fear anymore because you have you "resting place" each day
    Today's Psalm 119:33-40 gives us a different lifestyle of that "aimless and without purpose" lifestyle. And, I deeply believe the Time with Abba culture is nurturing us to this Christlike lifestyle so that we can claim the promise of Psalm 119:38:

      Fulfill your promise to your servant, so that you may be feared!
   

What a coincidence it is that four years ago, October 26, 2015 was the first day we started our 6am daily Time with Abba and 7am Praise, Worship and Holy Communion! To me, I do not think this is a coincidence but as a confirmation to invite you to join us to have TWA daily!

May you become a true servant of Jesus and not a servant of technology and that because the Lord is the One you fear, you won't fear any other things! You will be free! 


Dear Abba Father,
Help us to become a true servant of Jesus and not a servant of technology and that because you are the One we fear, we won't fear any other things and be free. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Reflect on these questions:

1. What kind of inspiration and invitation have you received from today's message ?

2. What is your next step to become a true servant of Jesus and not a servant of technology that you can be free?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message.

Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons

To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 

Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

    Since January 1, 2016 Richmond Emmanuel Church has non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:00am to 7:30am, Saturday 8am to 9:45am, Sunday 7:00am to 8:25am




The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Please find wonderful pictures of our TWA at Richmond Emmanuel Church:
      



     Ram horns sounding daily to welcome the presence of our might God and to open our souls to prepare receiving His message:





     Three generations TWA worship:


     Daily communion after TWA:


     Parents praying with their daughter: (Rev. Ignatius Ng, Anna Ng and Zoe Glory Ng)



     Mom's TWA:



No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...