Tuesday, November 12, 2019

DAY 315 (2019) - God, why are you on vacation? (Please click here for English podcast)




Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 119:169-176, Ezekiel 24:1-26:21; Hebrews 11:1-16, Proverbs 27:14)


Today's main passage:
I long for your salvation, Lord,
    and your law gives me delight.
175 Let me live that I may praise you,
    and may your laws sustain me.
176 I have strayed like a lost sheep.
    Seek your servant,
    for I have not forgotten your commands.    Psalm 119:174-176

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. This is what the ancients were commended for.
By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command,so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.

By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a] For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.     Hebrews 11:1-6


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

My Listening
The topic I received today is: God, why are you in vacation? 

I have quite a number of friends who are very disappointed to God because they have been praying for many months but the situation in Hong Kong is more and more critical!

They feel that God is on vacation! They do not know where God has gone?

Psalm is the longest Psalm, it consists of 22 Hebrews letter and in 22 sections, each section has 8 verses so there are 176 verses. Each section focus on God's word. But, most surprising to me is that in the last two verses, the Psalmist (should be King David) says: I do not know where God is, Oh, God, come to seek me!

The difference to the other people who think that God is on vacation is that David felt that he was like a lost sheep but he had been closed to God's word no matter what!

This is the essence of Hebrew 11:
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

My catch today is this:
When we say: God, seek me!
God wants to say to us: son, seek me!

Dear Abba Father,
    Help us to  be able to seek you everyday and to draw near to you. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Reflect on these questions:

1. What kind of inspiration and invitation have you received from today's message?

2. What is your next step to be able to seek God everyday and to draw near to Him?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message?

Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons

To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 

Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

    Since January 1, 2016 Richmond Emmanuel Church has non stop Morning Prayer Monday through Friday 6:00am to 7:30am, Saturday 8am to 9:45am, Sunday 7:00am to 8:25am




The offering of our First Fruit every morning have changed lots of things: unity, lifestyle, character …and many more!

Please find wonderful pictures of our TWA at Richmond Emmanuel Church:
      



     Ram horns sounding daily to welcome the presence of our might God and to open our souls to prepare receiving His message:





     Three generations TWA worship:


     Daily communion after TWA:


     Parents praying with their daughter: (Rev. Ignatius Ng, Anna Ng and Zoe Glory Ng)



     Mom's TWA:



No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...