Sunday, August 5, 2012

DAY 118 - Daily Jesus Wash! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



















Today's Reading: John 13: 1-11

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read John 12: 1-11

Bible Study

This passage can unlock something deep down in us about servanthood. The longer we become Christians, the more we incline to serve others rather than being served by others. I have seen numerous burn-out cases of Christian leaders because lots of them do not want to be served, they are so lonely and just dry up.

N.T. Wright says:
The little drama with Peter, misunderstanding yet again what Jesus is up to, is funny on the outside but deeply serious on the inside. Jesus must wash us if we are to belong to him. Yet he has already washed us, in calling us to belong to him; what we need day by day is the regular washing of those parts of ourselves, our personalities and bodies, which get dusty and dirty.

To have this kind of clean up needs to have a daily intimate personal relationship with Jesus. Without that relationship we are hopeless to receive Jesus washing daily.

Well, it's talking about a daily wash by Jesus! Daily Jesus wash! What do you think?

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Daily Jesus wash!

Do you think you need a daily Jesus wash as N.T. Wright suggests? Jesus also commands us to wash each other feet. How often do we allow others to serve us just like to wash our feet.

Today Jesus reminds me of all those numerous examples of those around me serving me because they love me and my family. I put some pictures to share with you giving just one of many examples of how we were being served.

A year ago, on the day of our 25th Wedding Anniversary, three dear friends from our church came to our home with delicious food they prepared for Michelle, Athanasius and me. (Ignatius was in Hong Kong and Michelle was just out of the hospital less than a month's time of her lukemia) Four courses French style dinner! If you can pray for me, my family and my ministry daily, that's the best "washing". And, I welcome any kind of loving act from any of you so that we live out what Jesus commands today. This is the key to build up the body of Christ and to do His Kingdom work!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to be willing to have a daily wash by you and that we can wash each others feet. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - Open The Eyes of My Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutmEjdbedE&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 我要向山舉目(詩篇121) I Will Lift Up My Eyes to The Hills


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...