Thursday, August 23, 2012

DAY 136 - Be Prepared to Face The Wicked! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


**1100 DAYS of prayers now!!!
Please sign up for the new 11th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!!
Please click link below.

**NEW link for the 11th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign(from August 25 to December 03, 2012).

The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. What you need to do is very simple. Choose one dayThe easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week to pray for me, my family and my ministry, remembering the ministry of ACiC(ACiC has two Networks: ACiC, Anglican Coalition in Canada and AI, Asian Initiative). You may use the whole hour in prayer or you can still do you work in your office but use as much time as you can to pray and the other time work prayerfully that hour to pray for our ministry. This campaign is also to teach you that you need somebody to pray for you daily. I have been prayed for hourly the past 1,100 days and I have never experienced this kind of peace and protection before. It's just beyond words can express. If I did not listen and obey to Jesus call 1,100 days ago to start this prayer movement, I think I would be pulled into darkness and discouragement already! I deeply believe that this is a way to draw as many participation as we can in prayers. I encourage you to participate. We need you to join us! Trust in the power of prayers!



Today's Reading: John 18: 28-32

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read John 18: 28-32

Bible Study

This passage shows how Jesus died because of the wicked, unjust, immoral legal system of the ancient world. The Jews did not have authority to execute anyone. Pilate as the Roman highest official in that region had the authority to execute anyone but he did not want to exercise his authority to kill. So, does it mean that Jesus could be free? No, the one who did not want to kill had to kill because of that wicked, unjust and immoral legal system!

Do you think we have this kind of Jews and Pilate around you? Are you one of them? Have you prepared yourself to face those wicked, unjust and immoral system and people?


Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Be prepared to face the wicked!

Just two days ago someone shared with me about a Christian we know who is so wicked, unjust and immoral. When I heard that my heart ached and I was full of sadness to see this kind of thing happen to those who claim they are Christians, good Christians!

I have seen and experienced quite some similar examples as those Jews and Pilate in this passage. What can we do? What could Jesus do? What did Jesus do?

Be prepared to face the wicked! And, don't be discouraged!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to be prepared to face those wicked and not being discouraged, trusting that you have total control in all things and you will have your own way to deal with those people. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - I Offer My Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ar5EfvAcU

Chinese praise song - 愛是不保留 Unreserved Love


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...