Monday, April 22, 2019

DAY 112 (2019) - As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord (Please click here for English podcast)



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people


Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 58:1-11; Joshua 24:1-33; Luke 21:1-28, Proverbs 13:20-23)

Bible link:English(NIV):https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=psalm+17&version=NIV

Today's main passages:

 “Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household,we will serve the Lord.”                                        Joshua 24:14-15

Israel served the Lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had experienced everything the Lord had done for Israel.
                                                     Joshua 24:31


My Listening
After 40 days of "Break.Build", we come back to the "Time with Abba, Depressing Out". 

Then, the topic I received from Lord Jesus is "As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord"! It is definitely not a co-incidence!

Why? Because what we listen today of Joshua 24 is the last words of Joshua in the Bible. It was his last standing order to the Israelites and telling a story starting from Abraham's father Terah to his time, a history of 550 years of how God led them and their experience of "Break. Build"!

And then at the very last moment of his life, Joshua said it plainly, "Whether you are going to choose to serve God or the idols of those Cannanites, I don't know, ! But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord"!

It is so sad that after 16 verses, the Bible describes their next generation already left God to serve the idols!

You know, when you enter into my home, the first thing you can see is Joshua's words because I know Joshua's hardworking and his worries. What people can't believe is that his worries became a reality, his next generation left God!

What has it to do with you?


Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to lead more people, including our family members to follow you generation to generation. You are our Lord and King. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.


Reflect on these questions:
1. How has today's message given you warning and a wake up call?

2.  As powerful as Joshua, he could not get his second generation to serve the Lord, why? What can you do?

Family Corner:
1. Find an opportunity to share with your family members of what happened to Joshua so that your family members have a better chance to lead people to Jesus from generation to generation.


Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 



No comments:

大能的勇士啊,耶和華與你同在!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...