Thursday, June 6, 2019

DAY 157 (2019) - Listen to your mentor, from danger to secure (Please click here for English podcast)



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people


Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 127:3-5; 1 Kings1:1-53; Acts 4:1-37, Proverbs 16:24)

Bible link:English(NIV):https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+2&version=NIV

Today's main passages: 
 Adonijah conferred with Joab son of Zeruiah and with Abiathar the priest, and they gave him their support. But Zadok the priest, Benaiahson of Jehoiada, Nathan the prophet, Shimei and Rei and David’s special guard did not join Adonijah.

11 Then Nathan asked Bathsheba, Solomon’s mother, “Have you not heard that Adonijah, the son of Haggith, has become king, and our lord David knows nothing about it? 12 Now then, let me advise you how you can save your own life and the life of your son Solomon. 13 Go in to King David and say to him, ‘My lord the king, did you not swear to me your servant: “Surely Solomon your son shall be king after me, and he will sit on my throne”? Why then has Adonijah become king?’ 14 While you are still there talking to the king, I will come in and add my word to what you have said.”

22 While she was still speaking with the king, Nathan the prophet arrived.23 And the king was told, “Nathan the prophet is here.” So he went before the king and bowed with his face to the ground.

24 Nathan said, “Have you, my lord the king, declared that Adonijah shall be king after you, and that he will sit on your throne? 25 Today he has gone down and sacrificed great numbers of cattle, fattened calves, and sheep. He has invited all the king’s sons, the commanders of the army and Abiathar the priest. Right now they are eating and drinking with him and saying, ‘Long live King Adonijah!’ 26 But me your servant, and Zadok the priest, and Benaiah son of Jehoiada, and your servant Solomon he did not invite. 27 Is this something my lord the king has done without letting his servants know who should sit on the throne of my lord the king after him?”
28 Then King David said, “Call in Bathsheba.” So she came into the king’s presence and stood before him.
29 The king then took an oath: “As surely as the Lord lives, who has delivered me out of every trouble, 30 I will surely carry out this very day what I swore to you by the Lord, the God of Israel: Solomon your son shall be king after me, and he will sit on my throne in my place.”
31 Then Bathsheba bowed down with her face to the ground, prostrating herself before the king, and said, “May my lord King David live forever!”

32 King David said, “Call in Zadok the priest, Nathan the prophet and Benaiah son of Jehoiada.” When they came before the king, 33 he said to them: “Take your lord’s servants with you and have Solomon my son mount my own mule and take him down to Gihon. 34 There have Zadok the priest and Nathan the prophet anoint him king over Israel. Blow the trumpet and shout, ‘Long live King Solomon!’ 35 Then you are to go up with him, and he is to come and sit on my throne and reign in my place. I have appointed him ruler over Israel and Judah.”  1 Kings 1:7-8, 11-14, 22-23, 24-27, 28-35


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

My Listening
Today's message from 1 Kings is the 2nd part of the blog I wrote on May 28"Godly mentor brings unity! Worldly mentor brings destruction!"

Could you please click this link to that blog and read that first before you read on:
https://discipler123.blogspot.com/2019/05/day-148-2019-godly-mentor-brings-unity.html

This 2nd part "Listen to your mentor, from danger to secure" talks about the three prophetic acts of Nathan, then the total listen and obey respond of Bathsheba and King David. I think if they did not listen and obey, Bathsheba and Solomon would be slaughtered by Adonijah on that day:
A. The three prophetic acts of Nathan:
1. Have courage to tell Bathsheba what God commanded him to say (1 Kings 1:11-14)

2. Follow God's timing to act  (1 Kings 1: 22-23)

3. Have courage to tell David what God commanded him to say (1 Kings 1: 24-27)

B. Bathsheba's listen and obey(1 Kings 1:15-21)

C. David's listen and obey (1 Kings 1: 28-35)

In that critical time of live or die, any one of them lacking one step might bring death and there might not have King Solomon in the history of Israel! 

How about you? Which role have you been playing lately?
Nathan? Bathsheba? David?

One of the main job of Satan is to take out our mentors whom God sent to us. The Devil wants you to believe in rumours or to change another mentor, a bad one without your notice, just like David had not consulted Nathan for a long time because he listened to a bad guy whose name is Ahithophel!

And because of David's ignoring Nathan for a long time, God gave Nathan a very careful and complicated strategy so that he could have a chance for David to be willing to see him and accepted his ultimatum!

Listen to your mentor, from danger to secure!
May we be encouraged!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to be willing to listen and obey to our mentors' advice so that we can change from danger to secure In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
1. What kind of warning have you received from Jesus today?
2.  What is your action to prove that you really have been listening and obeying your mentors advice?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to share with your family about the importance of "Listen to your mentor, from danger to secure".

Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

No comments:

因你的慈愛比生命更好!

請參加下星期二溫哥華時間7:30am-8:30am "使命113工作坊 Please join next Tuesday Connecting Workshop: Sharing by Bishop Page Brooks https://www.theamcanada...