Friday, January 18, 2013

DAY 284 - A Truly Right-Way-UP Life! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Luke 6: 27-38

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to read Luke 6: 27-38

Bible Study

     Today's passage follows the same theme of yesterday as what is right-way-up and not upside-down. The world has turned God's standard upside-down that no one or very few people can do what Jesus says in today's passage.

     How can you love your enemies like that? Impossible!
     N.T. Wright says:
     There are two particularly astonishing things about these instructions.  First, their simplicity: they are obvious, clear, direct and memorable.  Second, their scarcity.  How many people do you know who really live like this? How many communities do you know where these guidelines are rules of life?  What's gone wrong?  Has God changed?  Or have we forgotten who he really is?

     So, why don't you try starting today to do good to people who hate you, bless people who curse you and pray for people who treat you badly. If you can do that, then your life is right-way-up and becoming more and more Christlike.

     But, can you do that? Are you willing to do that?

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: A truly right-way-up life!

     What I received today from Jesus is an encouragement for all of us to live out a truly right-way-up life.  The Holy Spirit is moving my heart now to take real action on Jesus' calling. For years I have a very few people who hurt me a lot that I have forgiven them but cannot forget those painful moments when they hurt me by word and action. Before today I always think that to forgive them is what I can do and that's all I need to do. But today Jesus calls me to pray for them! Wow! That's not easy!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Remove my heart of stone and give me a heart of flesh that I can start praying for those who hurt me. Lord Jesus, I long to have a right-way-up life so that I can follow you and to be more and more like you. Oh Lord, forgive my sins that for years I wait for your punishment to them just like what Jonah did sitting outside Nineveh waiting for God to destroy the city. Please forgive me and pour down your blood to cleanse my sins.  Oh Lord Jesus, help me to be able to pray for them and bless them. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - 
Create in Me A Clean heart

Chinese praise song - 我的心你要稱頌耶和華 Praise the Lord, O My Soul


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 

願愛你的人如日頭出現,光輝烈烈!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...