Monday, April 2, 2012

DAY 395 - Trust And Protect Your Leaders! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)

Dear brothers and sisters,

A good news!
To make a better momentum of the second stage of ACiC/AI's four years plan "Evangelist123" to be launched this coming Sunday, Easter Sunday, I have a total paradigm shift of my way of writing this blog and podcast. I started the change of format yesterday. There are two parts now. Part 1 is Bible Study and Part 2 is a sharing of my daily spiritual journal. This is to help you to be able to understand God's Word in a better way. I am going to use two main sources for the preparation to write my daily Bible study:
1. A Guide to The Books of The New Testament for Everyone by N.T.Wright

2. The Expositor's Bible Commentary

I am going to start the change in the content on Easter Sunday. I'll stop the Old Testament series on Numbers and start from New Testament again. The first book I start this Sunday will be the Gospel of Mark, and I will change this blog to DAY 1.

I hope and pray that this new change will give you a more solid way to study the whole Bible daily and a better and more accurate way of your listen and obey spiritual journey!


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

**1000 DAYS of prayers now!!!
Please sign up for the new 10th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!! Please click link below.

**NEW link for the 9th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (from February 6 to May 16, 2012).

The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. What you need to do is very simple. Choose one dayThe easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week then prayerfully remembering the ministry of ACiC(ACiC has two Networks: ACiC, Anglican Coalition in Canada and AI, Asian Initiative). You may use the whole hour in prayer or you can still do you work in your office but use as much time as you can to pray and the other time work prayerfully that hour to pray for our ministry. I deeply believe that this is a way to draw as many participation as we can in prayers. I encourage you to participate. We need you to join us! Trust in the power of prayers!


Today's Reading: Numbers 17

Please read Numbers 17 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - Awesome God


Please click this link to read Numbers 17



Bible Study
1. God's way to re-establish Arron's leadership

"The staff belonging to the man I choose will sprout, and I will rid myself of this constant grumbling against you by the Israelites." Numbers 17: 5


You may think that everything was fine after so many rebellious people died. Not yet! If everything was fine, then God did not need to do the thing He did in this chapter. God used a miraculous sign to defend and confirm his choice of the tribe of Livi as ministers and Aaron as high priest(v.8). We as Christians must recognize and follow godly leaders who faithfully teach and defend God's Word.

2. You can't get away from the rebellious

The Lord said to Moses, "Put back Aaron's staff in front of the Testimony, to be kept as a sign to the rebellious. This will put an end to their grumbling against me, so that they will not die."
Numbers 17: 10

We as Christian leaders can never get rid of the rebellious. This is quite discouraging sometimes, but we need to know that God always has His own way to deal with the rebellious.

Let me have two questions for you to start your listen and obey process:
1. Have you seen and experienced how the rebellious challenged and attacked godly leaders? How can you trust, defend and protect your leaders?

2. If you are those leaders being attacked, how can you survive?

Click this link, listen to the music from the Movie "Mission" and listen to what Jesus would like to tell you:



My Spiritual Journal
What I heard from Jesus today is: Trust and protect your leaders!

Trust is one of the most difficult things to build and it needs lots of time, years and years of trustful relationship! But, trust can be taken away in just one day! How sad!

I have experienced quite a number of similar attacks like what Moses and Aaron, yet not so severe. They were very painful experiences but very fruitful challenges. Each time God had His own way to defend and confirm His choice of me as His anointed leader. We as Christian leaders cannot get rid of those accusation, bad mouth and attack. That's why I need your daily prayers so that I can be in the "prayer shield" daily. If you have not signed the list above, please do so now! I have been praying for daily almost 24 hours a day for the past 1,000 days.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to trust your chosen leaders and to be willing to defend and protect them. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Please click this link to worship with us - Open The Eyes of My Heart Lord


Chinese praise song - 因著信 Because of Faith


Prayer items today:

For ACiC/AI

Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)


Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)


Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya), Mr. Andy Li (Amy)


Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)


Bishop's Assistant: Mrs. Michelle Ng (Silas)


Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)


Treasurer: Mr. Andy Li(Amy)


Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)



Pray for our AMiA bishops:
The Rt. Rev. Chuck Murphy, III (Margaret)

The Rt. Rev. Sandy Greene (Gigi)


Pray for one ACiC/AI church one day at a time:

St. Timothy’s, North Vancouver

Rector/Senior Pastor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)



No comments:

向主傾心吐意,他不會推卻你的禱告!

  請參加今天(星期二 5月7日)溫哥華時間7:30am-8:30am "使命113工作坊 - 分享" Please join next Tuesday Connecting Workshop "MISSION 113: Sharing" ...