Wednesday, February 10, 2016

DAY 1 - New Message: Coming Home (Please click here for English podcast)


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your week, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

           But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
               let them ever sing for joy,
           and spread your protection over them,
               that those who love your name may exult in you.
                                                 Psalm 5:11

Confession and repentance

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

Word

In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the Desert of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”      
                                                          Matthew 3:1-2

From that time on Jesus began to preach, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”                              Matthew 4: 17


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through these two verses of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, (while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe")


My Listening 
     We start this 40 day journey of "being" with Jesus by pondering on these two verses. Exact same words, from two different people, John the Baptist and Jesus.

     Why did they say the same thing as their first message ever as recorded in the gospel of Matthew?  Because Matthew wants us to know that this is why God sent John and Jesus to this world.  God sent them to lead us to repent so that we can enter into God's kingdom, coming home

     It is to direct people to take a U-turn from going in the wrong direction to going back home. Both John and Jesus died for us to deliver this new message.

     God's Kingdom, His home, is at present, not just talking about after we die. And, His Kingdom, His Home is in our every day living. Are you in His Kingdom, His Home today?

      A few years ago, I nearly became a burnt-out pastor. I kept on working for better results: I thought that having a bigger church made me a better pastor, having more ministries made me a better leader, having a larger home made me a better husband and father. I was wrong! 

       Trying to do all those things, however, pulled me off track and away from the daily presence of God in my life. I was a pastor without a daily intimate relationship with Jesus. Everyday was just doing, doing and doing. That nearly killed me! 

       In July 2009, I regained my daily devotions, a true daily intimate relationship with Jesus, two months before I became a bishop, and everything changed. My act of repentance was to ask Jesus to forgive me for turning away from Him, heading in the wrong direction while thinking that I was on the right track. 

    Let's start our journey beginning with our repentance so that we can be at home with God daily!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help me to be able to win over all those distractions that are going to come pulling me away from you. Lead me to stay on course with you non-stop for 40 days. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Reflect on this question: 

Is there anything wrong in your life related to today's message that you need to turn away from? 
(Be specific: relationship with God, family conflicts, at school, with friends, or workplace?)


Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


You may choose to follow my other daily blog:
http://discipler123.blogspot.com/ 



The best way to keep you being with Jesus for these 40 days is to find two more friends coming together weekly using this blog/podcast and encouraging each others to use it daily. This is what I call "Discipler123" - One discipler having two friends being with Jesus daily for 40 days first then hopefully can continue for a period of three months.

神啊,求你不要耽延,救我啊!

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...