Tuesday, February 23, 2016

DAY 14 - New Oath: Action Plan to Control Your Lusts (Please click here for English podcast)


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Open your heart to praise the Lord

        I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
                                in the night also my heart instructs me.
          I have set the Lord always before me;
                          
      because he is at my right hand, 
           I shall not be shaken.     Psalm 16:7-8
                                                                       
Confession and repentance

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to work in you:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."


The Word

  “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform to the Lord what you have sworn.’  But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God,  or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King.  And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’;anything more than this comes from evil. " Matthew 5:33-37
                                            

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"

My Listening
         
     Yesterday's passage and today's is like Part 1 and Part 2, they go together. As I wrote yesterday, Jesus says there are two reasons for people to divorce. One is because we can't control our lusts and the other is we have no integrity and do not keep our marriage oath. He is actually giving a new and true understanding of what the No. 7 Commandment says "Do not commit adultery". If you want to keep your marriage vow, start with the first step to control your lust then you may have a better way to keep you marriage oath.  

     That's why Jesus links up with three things together: control your lusts, keep your marriage vow and no divorce.

     There are other ways to look at oath other than the marriage oath in today's passage. But, we do not have time to discuss about that. The message I received from the Lord yesterday and today is to focus on the marriage oath.
         
Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to take action in order that we can keep our marriage vow. In Jesus name we pray. Amen. 

Reflect on these questions:
1. What do you think is the importance of the marriage oath? Does the oath still works now in this modern age?

2. Do you agree with what Jesus says of the three steps to bless our families: control your lusts, keep your marriage vow and no divorce? What has that to do with you?

3. Is there any action plan to protect and bless your own marriage and to help others? Can you think of some more similar situations that can ruin your marriage other than "lusts", say too much TV, computer, work, church activities etc.?

Family Corner:
1. How can you share about the importance of the marriage oath to your children? 

2. How can you share the struggle to keep this oath?


Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:

10,000 Reasons


Please click this link to the app. Andy Ng wrote. You really need to use that if you have an Android cel. Andy said he is going to do the App. for iPhone later:

You may choose to follow my other daily blog:


The best way to keep you being with Jesus for these 40 days is to find two more friends coming together weekly using this blog/podcast and encouraging each others to use it daily. This is what I call "Discipler123" - One discipler having two friends being with Jesus daily for 40 days first then hopefully can continue for a period of three months.

眷顧有需要的,主會搭救你,為你鋪牀!

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...