Tuesday, July 19, 2011

DAY 137 - You Are God's Field and Jesus' Yoke Fellow! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)





You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123


You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/



Today's Reading: 1 Corinthians 3

Please read 1 Corinthians 3 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - I Will Run to You


Please click this link to read 1 Corinthians 3:
What I heard from Jesus today is: You are God's field and Jesus' yoke fellow!

The Lord reminds me of a wonderful photo Ignatius took during his short-term mission trip in Ethiopia. The picture capture what Jesus says:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11: 28-30

And also what Paul says in this chapter:

For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.
1 Corinthians 3: 9


If you are willing then the field you are working for the rest of your life will be the field God wants you to work on and you have Jesus to bear the yoke with you working on you side. But, if we choose to work on our own worldly field then you are working it alone. There would be jealousy, quarreling and all kinds of self-centred motives coming out of that kind of "worldly" mentality. Then someday the whole work will be destroyed because we are working on the wrong field and on our own!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Open our eyes to see the field that you want us to work on and open our mind that we are willing to bear your yoke to be a fellow worker of you. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - Trading My Sorrow


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


No comments:

係時候每天親親親爸父啦!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...