Friday, October 7, 2011

DAY 217 - Run! Stay Focused! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

Today's Reading: Hebrews 12

Please read Hebrews 12 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - I Will Run to You


Chinese praise song - 主你是我力量

Please click this link to read Hebrews 12:


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12: 1-2

What I heard from Jesus today is: Run! Stay focused!

I was once a member of the 4x100 meters team for Chung Chi College, Chinese University of Hong Kong. Because of my losing of focus and nearly dropped the baton we lost a gold medal! That picture in 1975 still hurting me a lot. Why I lost focus? Lots of reasons, like too much pressure, the guy next to me ran faster than me, I desperately wanted my first gold medal... I was trained for months to focus and to fix my eyes on the finishing point and to pass the baton or to dash through the red line. But I was too anxious to win and made my whole school team lost a gold medal that they made that almost every year in the inter-university athletic meeting.

This chapter gives us a picture of a great race, a race of our life journey cheering by a great cloud of witnesses just like in an athletic meeting. "Run, run, Silas run! Run, run, Silas run!" "Wow! Victory! VICTORY!" We look at too many things distracting us from our life-long run.

Run! Stay focused! Stay focused on Jesus! It's Jesus, do you see Him? Can you see Him?

Run! Stay focused! Stay focused on Jesus!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to stay focus on you and run a good race for you. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us - Come to Jesus

祢讓我生命改變

Chinese praise song - 这一生最美的祝福 The Most Beautiful Blessing of my Life


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


No comments:

這日子如同網羅忽然臨到!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...