Tuesday, October 9, 2012

DAY 183 - Are You Willing to Be Sent Out by Jesus? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)































Praise to the Lord for the ground breaking ceremony of Toronto Emmanuel Church's Vintage Garden building project yesterday!!!

Today's Reading: Matthew 10: 1-15

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to read Matthew 10: 1-15

Bible Study

Today's passage tells us how we can sow in tears and reap for joy in harvest. Yesterday I talked about a typical coaching steps of four:
I do, you watch
I do, you help
You do, I help
You do, I watch

Up to chapter nine Jesus disciples were in step one and two. Jesus did, they watched and Jesus did, they helped. Now, Jesus brought them to step three and four.

As N.T. Wright says:
Up until this moment, Jesus' disciples have been passengers in the car, and he's been doing the driving.  They have been astonished at what they've seen, but he's made all the decisions, handled all the tricky moments, taken the criticisms, and come out in front.  Now he's telling them to go off and do it themselves.  matthew takes this opportunity to give us a list of the Twelve themselves, calling them for the first time 'apostles'. that is, people who are 'sent out', as Jesus was now sending them, and would later send all those who witnessed his resurrection.

That's from bishop wright. 
So, are you ready and be willing to be sent out by Jesus? Are you going to obey his command as he commanded his apostles in this passage? That's a faith journey, that's a listen and obey journey, and that will be a lifelong powerful and joyful journey! 
Are you willing to start this journey? 

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




Spiritual Journal


What I heard from Jesus today is: Are you willing to be sent out by Jesus?

What I got today from Jesus is a question as well as an invitation.
I started this powerful and joyful journey in 1984 and since then I never regret I made that decision to be sent out by Jesus. Yes, from time to time I have experienced so many difficulties and hardship, but after all they are just challenges! Challenges to force me to be closer to Jesus each day, challenges to force me to admit that I am just a human being, I am weak and He is strong! In Jesus, we can prevail. Without Jesus, we will soon fail! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us be willing to be sent out by you and that we will listen and obey to your instructions and command totally.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - Still

Chinese praise song - 雲上太陽 The Sun above the cloud


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

十個得醫治,一個回來感恩!!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...