Thursday, October 11, 2012

DAY 185 - I've Been There, Don't Be Afraid! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Today's Reading: Matthew 10: 24-31

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.
Please click this link to read Matthew 10: 24-31

Bible Study

Yesterday we read how Jesus telling the Twelve that his sending is somewhat like sending sheep surrounded by wolves! But, he comforts them not to be afraid because they are Jesus students and servants, what Jesus goes through they have to go through too. 

Are you facing with the same adversity that those we trust and love turn around, betray and accuse us? Well, you can't get away from this kind of challenges if you want to be Jesus student, servant and disciples.

Don't be afraid, my friend, Jesus will have a way to deal with those people and you just need to follow Him! 

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




Spiritual Journal


What I heard from Jesus today is: I've been there, don't be afraid!

What I got today from Jesus is a word of comfort and freedom. For the past many years I have been through the same kind of pain Jesus describes. It's so painful when you try all your best to help and love some people and suddenly they leave you, turn against you and accuse you. Lots of time I was caught up in surprise and anger and did not know how to get out of that darkness. I still remember many years ago when I was in deep pain Jesus said, "Are you better than me?" I said, "What do you mean Lord?" Jesus said, "I have a Judas, one out of twelve I deeply loved betrayed me! You don't have that many, right?" I suddenly woke up and my chains were broken understanding that how can I be better than Jesus. We have to prepare that one out of twelve might do the same thing to us and we can't do anything about it. The thing we need to be aware of is that you are not going to be that Judas betraying those Jesus sent to help you! 


Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to understand we can not be better than you that we do not have to be afraid when we are being betrayed and accused by those we train and love someday. And help us not to do the same thing to hurt, betray and accuse your servants. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



Please click this link to worship with us - Still

Chinese praise song - 雲上太陽 The Sun above the cloud


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...