Thursday, May 30, 2013

DAY 376 - What Is The Most Important Job in Life? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Good news for Leslie yesterday.
This is the Message from Nevia, his mother at 3:20p.m. yesterday(May 29 Wednesday):
Doctors happy his status today. May take the balloon off his lung tomorrow to see whether the mended glue work or not. 

Let's pray that Leslie do not need a big surgery.

Another good news yesterday. We had a new Christian yesterday in Emmanuel 330! Mr. David Chu(one of Richmond Emmanuel Church's parishioner's  and a driving tutor) brought his student, Eva to our Restaurant Church three weeks ago. Eva received Jesus as her Savior and Lord yesterday. Please share our joy with a picture after she had the prayer to receive Jesus with some of the 330 people.


This new church plant under Bishop's Pioneer ministry started in March 2011 in a Chinese Seafood Restaurant specially tailor-made to Restaurant workers or those who can not go to church on Sunday. I have baptized seven people already.


Today's Reading: Acts 6:1-7

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:


To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Please click this link to read Acts 6:1-7

Bible Study

       With the miraculous and courageous happening of those apostles, there were more and more people became disciples of Christ. The apostles were running here and there doing various ministries. And, just as it happens to many churches all over the world now, it happened two thousands years ago that people complained against many issues. One of the issue was about the fairness of the daily distribution of food to the Grecian Jews.

     This is the passage that change everything in the Early Church. This is the passage to show us what should be our top No. 1 priority to be apostles of Jesus. You may think that it only concerns with apostles and those are bishops not you. Well, in some sense, even though you are not a bishop, but in a broad sense every Christian is an apostle because it means a disciple of Jesus being sent out by Jesus to do His Kingdom ministry.

     To avoid being burnt out and losing focus, the apostles found out that the most important jobs for them were two things:
1. To pray and teach people the importance of prayers
2. To preach and teach God's Word

    Then they chose seven men who were full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom to be deacons to do the ministries helping people so that the apostles could focus their time in prayers and ministry of the Word.

    What do you think is the most important job in your life? What have you got in today's passage from Jesus? 
                      
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: What is the most important job in life?

    What I got from Jesus is a reminder of what happened to me in May 2009, four months before I was consecrated as a bishop. I was quite worried at that time when I knew that I was going to become an apostle, a bishop. I prayed for quite a long time and what I heard from Jesus during a daily devotion was that He asked to turn to Acts 6:4. Then He said, "This was what the apostles got from me, mainly to do two things, to pray and the ministry of the Word. I want you to do the same."

    That's why I started to do my blog in July 2009 until now and have tried my best to lead people to pray and fast. And since then to have a 24/7 prayer chains for me starting 20 days before my consecration until now. There are less people filling up the 24/7 list now. So, today Jesus calls me to ask for your help to fill up the list that I pulled out two months ago when I started my Break.Build new blog/podcast. Please sign in now to use a one hour slot to pray for me and my ministry so that my family and my ministries are being blessed and protected 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, 24/7. This is one of the ways Jesus wants me to teach you the importance of prayer and this is the action Jesus invites you to do:

**1400 DAYS of prayers now!!!
Please sign up for the new 13th 100 days 24/7 prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!!
Please click link below.



**NEW link for the 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013)


 Please click this link to the first post of my blog of a detailed sharing of a visit to my spiritual father, Rev. Dr. John Stott in July 2009 and Uncle John confirmed what I got from Jesus. You need to read that because that was perhaps one of the most important moments in my life:
             
Dear Lord Jesus,
Lead us to know that prayers and ministry for the Word are the two most important jobs in our lives. Help us to be willing to live them out.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


My email address: bishopsilasng@gmail.com

Please click this link to worship with us - 
Happy Day (Tim Hughes)

Chinese praise song - 
因主的名 Because of your Name




You can subscribe to my podcast feed here: in construction

You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...