Thursday, May 3, 2012

DAY 26 - Take Courage! It Is I. Don't Be Afraid! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Mark 6: 45-56

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 6: 45-56

Bible Study

More "not be afraid" message again after all those similar messages since chapter 4. This time is another situation about the rough lake, wind and waves again. But this time Jesus was not on the boat.He was walking on the lake to them. And, they cried out because they thought he was a ghost!

The word "immediately" gives us a picture of how well Jesus knows we are so lack of courage and always in fear when big wave or even storm comes. Our hearts are hardened just like those disciples of Christ because of what Jesus did. May be they were still think who Jesus was. How come He could did the miracle to feed five thousands. Who is He?

Do you have the faith to trust our Lord Jesus Christ that He is you Lord?


Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




My Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid!

I have experienced numerous times of how Jesus showed me that He is my Savior, my Lord and my King, and yet when waves and storm come I always was discouraged and afraid. Why? Why?

Jesus gives me an answer today that I am just like His disciples or any other Christians, my heart was hardened! How can my heart not being hardened? Very simple! Just know that Jesus is in the boat then I don't need to be afraid. If He is not in the boat with me, then He will come soon and I don't need to be afraid. It is that simple! I just need to trust in Him knowing that He always want me to have courage and not to be afraid with or without Him on the boat, right?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for giving me a very special assurance that you are always with me and that you want me to have courage that with you I never need to be afraid. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I

Chinese praise song - 一生最美的祝福 The Most Wonderful Blessing of My Life


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...