Thursday, May 10, 2012

DAY 33 - Jesus Is Lord! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Mark 8: 22-30

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 8: 22-30

Bible Study

This section leads us to a conclusion of Jesus' teaching and walking with His disciples. Somewhat like a kind of examination after a couse.

Since Jesus called His first four disciples in Mark 1 He was doing three things:
Preaching, healing and driving out demons.
He was having one message:
"Repent, for the Kingdom of God is near!"
He showed His authority and power to perform miracles to fulfill prophecies of the Old Testaments telling people that it was becoming a reality in Him, He is the Messiah!

Yesterday our theme was "Have you got it yet?"
Today we have two more questions from Jesus to His disciples:
1. "Have you seen it yet?" - His opening the blind man at Bethsaida leads us to think of our own blindness of not being able to see what Jesus wants us to see.
2. "Have you known it yet? Do you know who I am?" - Peter's confession of Jesus as Christ, the Messiah.

Jesus is Lord! That's what Peter got. There are so many things lording us and the most serious one is FEAR. That's why from chapter 4 on Jesus wants to open their eyes, their ears and their lives so that they would no be lorded by FEAR anymore.

When we really see Jesus is Lord, receive Jesus as our Lord, listen and obey to our Lord Jesus Christ, we have a better chance to get through with all those FEAR in our lives. We can not get rid of FEAR but we can be as close as we can with Jesus then our Lord Jesus Christ will have His own way to deal with our fear and to calm the storm in our lives.

Have you known it yet that Jesus is Lord? Is Jesus your Lord?


Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




My Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: Jesus is Lord!

Wow, this is such a good news to all of us. You may aware that the past few days I am not able to publish my blogs and podcasts before 3a.m. everyday. You know why? Because I have been in a big storm and I do not know how to deal with that. It's just too complicated to describe what my storm is but it is surely huge!

Praise the Lord that for the past few days He tailor-made the theme of FEAR in Mark that I never aware of to remove my FEAR! That is such a miracle and now I really have no fear because when I see how the Lord leads me to have a breakthrough in this storm using numerous events and people I am willing to let the Lord to be my Lord and not FEAR as my lord. Do you think sometimes when we say that Jesus is Lord but actually Jesus is not our Lord? FEAR is our lord! Insecurity is our lord! Money is our lord! Power is our lord! Desire is our lord! "I" am the lord! Oh, no, how can we as Christians have so little faith? Well, that is exactly every Christian's problem and Jesus knows that. That's why He asked Peter in today's passage, "Who do you say I am?"

Jesus is asking you now! What is your answer? Is He your Lord?

Jesus is Lord!
Praise the Lord!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for releasing me from deep fear the past few days and give me so many assurance.Help us to know that we are just human but you are the Lord of lords and King of kings. Help us not to be lord by all those lords but just by you. Your are the Lord, you are our Lord. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
Draw Me Close to You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWG9-PJFcK8&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 主你是我力量 You are my strength


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

願愛你的人如日頭出現,光輝烈烈!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...