Saturday, May 19, 2012

DAY 42 - What Do You Want Me to Do for You? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)




Today's Reading: Mark 10: 46-52

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 10: 46-52

Bible Study

The passage shows a big contrast in Jesus' two same questions but two different answer and two different results.

Jesus asked His disciples, James and John, in yesterday's passage (v. 36), "What do you want me to do for you?" All Jesus got was a request for power, prestige and glory. Jesus did not give them what they asked at all because Jesus said He did not have the authority to do so.

Now, today Jesus asked the same question. Wow! Exactly the same question, "What do you want me to do for you?" The blind man asked what the only thing in his life he needed so bad and that was to be able to see again that he did not have to begged again. He asked for freedom, for salvation and he got it!

So, do you know to ask the right question? Jesus is asking you the same question now today, what is your answer? What you want or what you need? Do you know what you really need? Do you know you are also blind and you need Jesus to open your eyes to see so you are being freed from what you want all the days of your life? Never satisfied like drinking sea water and not real water, material "food" but not spiritual food, bondage rather than freedom, sin rather than salvation!

Jesus says to you now, "What do you want me to do for you?"
What's your answer? Answer Him now!

Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"


Spiritual Journal


What I heard from Jesus today is: What do you want me to do for you?

Wow! Today Jesus asked me to take a photo for a picture in the washroom next to my study at home. Actually He used this picture to change my lifestyle for the past two years since Richmond Emmanuel uses our yearly theme "Lifestyle of Christlikeness". Every time I use the washroom Jesus leads me to look into this picture and say, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want! So, what do you still want? What do you really need?" For two years I have been thinking His revelation and change quite a lot from keep satisfying of my want to let go of my want and start to think of what I really need. I buy less, spend less and give more!

Today, Jesus wants me to give you this picture asking you the same question: The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want!" Then He asks you now, "What do you want me to do for you?"

Do you know how to respond to His question? Do you know the first most important thing for us to ask the Lord is just like the blind man's asking, "I want to see!" Ask, and you will see! When you can see what Jesus wants you to see, everything will be different! You will know the difference! Do you have the willing to ask Jesus you want to see?

Wow! And now Jesus reminds me of the song "Open the eyes of my heart". It just keep on singing in my ears now. Yes, Lord, when we see what you want us to see we can change from getting to giving, from killing to loving, from lording to dying!

We see the CROSS!
And then you are willing to die on your cross with Jesus that you can be risen by Jesus to be a mighty and humble servant of Him!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Open our eyes to see! In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
Open The Eyes of My Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutmEjdbedE&feature=related

Chinese praise song - 我要向山舉目(詩篇121) I Will Lift Up My Eyes to The Hills


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

不要被災難篩走了和親友的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...