Monday, May 7, 2012

DAY 30 - GPS Is OFF (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)



Today's Reading: Mark 7: 31-37

**For a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.

Please click this link to read Mark 7: 31-37

Bible Study

Jesus miraculous healing today shows to those Jews that the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled:

Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
Then will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue shout for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness
and streams in the desert.
Isaiah 35: 5-6

N.T. Wright says, "This was a prophecy of the renewal of Israel after the long, sad years of exile. God's people would be rescued from pagan oppression , and creation itself would celebrate. Healing then, and perhaps healing now, can never be simply a matter of correcting a few faults in the machine called the human body. It always was and is, and perhaps supremely so in Jesus' actions, a sign of God's love breaking in to the painful and death-laden present world."

We have been trying all our best to teach and walk with people so that they can listen to the voice of God. But, lots of Christians still say that they do not know how to listen! We are just as deaf as that deaf and mute man.

We have been trying all our best to teach and walk with people so that they can be able to tell others of how they experience Jesus' salvation and transformation. But, lost of Christians still say that they do not want to say anything! We are just as mute as that deaf and mute man.

Are you one of those people? Deaf and mute?
What have your heard from Jesus right now?


Have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to God as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"




My Spiritual Journal

What I heard from Jesus today is: GPS is off

Yes, lots of time we are just as deaf and as mute as that deaf and mute man. And the sad thing is we do not know, or we do not want to know, or we know but we do not want to change!

Praise the Lord that I had a wonderful experience Saturday noon to Sunday morning concerning with today's message that I would like to share with you all.

Saturday afternoon Michelle and I took a ferry to Nanaimo to visit one of ACiC churches, Jericho Road. When the ferry arrived Nanaimo I switched on the GPS and put on the address of the hotel that we are staying and ready to go. But, the GPS was always on the previous map a few days ago showing a street in Surrey. And there was a line on top of the GPS:
GPS is OFF

Then I remembered our son Ignatius borrowed the GPS a few days ago to go to Surrey. I thought, "Mumm, it must be Iggy who mistakenly pushed some wrong button to switch off the GPS." Then I called Iggy. Michelle said, "Don't assume your son made that mistake. Calm down!" Ha, ha, because I was quite desperate and not in a good "mood"! Iggy told me he didn't do anything to the GPS! Well, what could I do. So, I switched on and off several times and it was still showing Surrey! At last, we could find that hotel because it was not far away. I was thinking about how to switch on the GPS again the whole day trying every button I could find in that GPS. Then I went to sleep thinking that I might get into troubles because it's not so easy to get from Nanaimo to Port Alberni.

Sunday morning when I woke up early in the morning around 6a.m. and I heard a very clear voice of Jesus telling me one thing I could never imagine. He said, "It's not your GPS is off. It's the Satellite up in the air is OFF! Understand?" Wow! I suddenly remembered I heard some people told me that sometimes when our GPS is not working is because the Satellite up there is out of order. But, for the past six years I got a GPS, it never happened to me at all!

So, when we got into the car and switch on the GPS it was good! The GPS was on agains!

When we were heading towards Port Alberni I got a very clear revelation from the Lord about today's deaf and mute man. We are deaf and mute because we switch off our own GPS never connect to the Heavenly one. That one is not a GPS, that one is Jesus and He is always OPEN!
The Jesus said, "There is one verse in the Bible to conclude your experience these two days. Do you know which one?" I said, "Yes Lord. But where?" Then I thought of Acts 4 and I went to Acts 4 and it was there! Praise the Lord!

Salvation is found in no one else! Acts 4: 12

Only Jesus! Only Jesus can give us right direction and purpose of life like a GPS! But, He needs us to switch our own GPS and be connected to Him! Because He is always OPEN. And in Him we will never be afraid and know where to go!

Thank you Lord!


Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to open ourselves to connect to you that we can get right direction and purpose and never be afraid. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbe7OruLk8I

Chinese praise song - 一生最美的祝福 The Most Wonderful Blessing of My Life


You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123



You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

No comments:

主一出手,風浪止住,平靜了!

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...