Friday, August 9, 2013

DAY 447 - Why We Need The Good News? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


**NEW link for the  14th: 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (We are going to use this 13th list leads up to the 14th. 13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013)




Today's Reading: Romans 1:16-32

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:


To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Please click this link to read Romans 1:16-32

Bible Study

      Today's passage gives us a glimpse of why we need the Good News, salvation. If we read carefully from verse 21 to 31, then we should know how evil human beings are and can be. Don't feel good if you find out only two to three evil doings concerning with you because you are already in that list. No matter what, if you are a human being then you are part of that list. Hopefully if before you are born again, but mostly not, because you are still a human being.

     With those characters in us, what people see in us is bad news and not good news. We desperately need the Good News to transform us. People need desperately to see the Good News living in us. So, do you know why you need the Good News? Can you live out the Good News each day? 
     
                                    
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: Why we need the Good News?

    What I got today from Jesus is a big test.  I received an examination paper from Jesus yesterday and I nearly failed! So, this is what happen.

    Our family is having a holiday to Oregon Coast this week. Yesterday, as we were driving from Lincoln City to Canon Beach, I prepared to set the GPS to the Air Museum in Tillamook although I knew my wife, our two sons and Iggy's fiancee did not like that kind of visit to see World War II airplanes. I planned to go there first and then go to the Tillamook cheese factory later. But, the Holy Spirit revealed the selfishness in my heart and I took the GPS and changed the course. Michelle asked me, "Why we are ten minutes less than it was, have you changed anything?" I said, "Yes, I sacrifice my favourite place of not going to the Air Museum for you guys." All of them were very happy because of this seemingly small sacrifice but is a sign of the work of the Good News. And, yesterday was the 29th anniversary of our engagement, one year before our marriage. 

     Yes, this is why we desperately need the Good News because we are only human beings! Sometimes selfish and ruthless and sometimes more! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Lead us to know that we need the Good News to transform ourselves to be more like you.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Please click this link to worship with us - 
Amazing Grace – My Chains Are Gone (Chris Tomlin)

Chinese praise song - 
一生最美的祝福 The Most Wonderful Blessing of My Life



You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 

Daily Devotion on Fire 2(2 years plan -One year New Testament, one year Old Testament): 

Daily Devotion on Fire (3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build (40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Emmanuel330 (40 weeks First Step Bible Study): 

主一出手,風浪止住,平靜了!

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...