Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DAY 459 - Abraham Is Our Father, Really? What's The Difference? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


**NEW link for the  14th: 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (We are going to use this 13th list leads up to the 14th. 13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013)


Today's Reading: Romans 4:13-17

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:


To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Please click this link to read Romans 4:13-17

Bible Study

      Today's passage gives us something we know, or at least we should know but we do not recognize in a real sense. We all know that Abraham is the father of Israelites. But, do we know he is father of all of us? 

Bishop N.T. Wright's says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N._T._Wright):

     The end of verse 16 and the start of verse 17 are the real answer to the question of verse 1.  God says 'I have made you the father of many nations'  (Genesis 17:5).  Paul takes this to mean that the ultimate family promised to Abraham was never meant to be simply from one nation, but drawn from all peoples.  He is 'the father of us all'.  

N.T. Wright. Paul for Everyone: Romans:Part12. Louisville,KY:Westminster John Knox Press, 2004, p75.

     So, what is the real difference if you really acknowledge Abraham is your father and not only the father of Israelites? 
                                    
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: Abraham is our father, really? What's the difference?

    What I got today from Jesus is a wonderful question that I have never thought of. I think I got the answer some years ago and that is why I persuaded Michelle to go to Israel with me this February. That's why I had such a tremendous peaceful experience when I stepped into the soil of the Holy Land just half a year ago. And that's why I wish that at least every two to three years from now on I need to go back the Holy Land. I think that's why I have a better acceptance of Christians from other denominations other than Anglican. We are one family! Do you believe that?

    Yes, there is no question that Abraham is our father. So, what is the difference from now on? 
    

Dear Lord Jesus, 

Help us not only to understand that Abraham is our father but to live out our daily life that Abraham is our father that we can enjoy we are in one family with so many people that we think have nothing to do with us. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 

Daily Devotion on Fire 2(2 years plan -One year New Testament, one year Old Testament): 

Daily Devotion on Fire (3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build (40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Emmanuel330 (40 weeks First Step Bible Study): 

不要被困難及災難拆散夫婦的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...