Wednesday, January 18, 2012

DAY 320 - Are You A Pharaoh? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)





Please click this link for the official announcement from AMiAs of the recent transition:




You can subscribe to my podcast feed here:http://feeds.feedburner.com/discipler123

You may choose to follow my first blog which I started in July 2009:http://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/

Today's Reading: Exodus 9

Please read Exodus 9 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method you may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf.


Please click this link to worship with us - Mighty to Save
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08YZF87OBQ&feature=fvw


Chinese praise song - 凡事都能做 Nothing Is Impossible

Please click this link to read Exodus 9


When Pharaoh saw that the rain and hail and thunder had stopped, he sinned again; He and his officials hardened their hearts. So Pharaoh's heart was hard and he would not let the Israelites go, just as the Lord had said through Moses. Exodus 9: 34-35


What I got from Jesus today is: Are you a Pharaoh?

Today Jesus gave me a message of warning, asking each one of us if we are a Pharaoh. What does that mean? How can we be a Pharaoh?

Just as Paul says, "I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do - this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work; When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God - through Jesus Christ our Lord!" Romans 8: 18-25

Take a look at how these few chapters use strong words to describe who Pharaoh was: his heart was unyielding, his heart was hardened, he sinned again, he would not let God's people go.

How often is your heart unyielding, hardened, sin again and would not let yourself to be free from being a slave of sin? Think about that and you'll know, yes, lots of time we are just a Pharaoh! Have mercy on us Lord Jesus Christ! Save us from the bondage of sin that we can enter into your Promise Land!

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us not to be a Pharaoh having a hardened heart and always unyielding to the Lord direction. Free us from the bondage of sin and that we can be a faithful disciple of yours. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


Please click this link to worship with us -
How great is our God


Chinese praise song - 全地至高是我主 You Are Mighty


Pray for our Founding Primates who are giving us spiritual oversight and our chairman bishop:
The Most Rev. Emmanuel Kolini (Freda)

The Most Rev. Moses Tay (Cynthia)

The Most Rev. Yong Ping Chung (Julia)

The Rt. Rev. Chuck Murphy, III (Margaret)


The sermon "The power is from within" by Rev. Eric Liddell(Chariots of Fire)


No comments:

因爲你專心跟從主,能趕走最強的敵人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...