Wednesday, April 29, 2020

DAY 120 (2020) - David's Vows to God? Your Vows to God? (Please click here for English podcast)




Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:



     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 61:5-8, Judges 9:22-10:18; Luke 24:13-53; Proverbs 14:11-12)


    Today's main passage:
      
                               For you, God, have heard my vows;
    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
Increase the days of the king’s life,
    his years for many generations.
May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever;
    appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.
Then I will ever sing in praise of your name
    and fulfill my vows day after day.

Psalm 61:5-8


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received today from Jesus is: David's vows to God? Your vows to God?


   
    Yesterday we meditated on the first four verses of Psalm 61 and we learned from David of how he turned from anxiety, helplessness, hopelessness, darkness and depression to have the hope and confirmation for the unknown future because of God's prompting!

    Today we meditate on the last four verses of this Psalm. We may be able to have a clue from verse six that David was already a King at that time and he should be running away from his son Absalom's chasing to kill him. And from verse seven we can see that because of that running away, he could not sing praises and worship God daily in the Holy Temple of Jerusalem.

    Oh! That was the vows David made to God and it is for him to be able to sing praises to God and worship God daily in the Holy Temple!

    I am having the same feeling as David had! I think there has not been a time in the past two thousand years of the history of the Christian Church and not in the Old Testament time that no one can be able to go to the holy temple to sing praises to God and worship God! Never happen before!

    So, my vows are the same as what King David had, that we can be able to go back to our church to sing praises to God and worship God again! No other wish or vow is great than this!

     What are your vows to God now?

     
     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Hear my vows today as you heard King David vows that we can be able to go back to our church to sing praises to you and worship you as soon as possible. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
    
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. Would you cherish more of your opportunity to sing praises to God and worship God in your own church when this pandemic is over?
     
      2.  What is your next step to make that happen?

     Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

 Please click "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone" to receive more messages from Jesus to you and the fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit:

     

       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten  podcasts:
      Time with Abba, Depression Out:

        Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 



       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

No comments:

不要被災難篩走了親友的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...