Thursday, September 10, 2020

DAY 254 (2020) - When can we wake up to know that we have been following the wrong boss? (No English podcast because of technical problem, but you can go to FaceBook(silastyng) to watch my video of this blog)

 


 


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 103:1-5, Isaiah 6:1-7:25;  2 Corinthians 11:16-33; Proverbs 23:1-3)

     
      TWA Bible link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

     Today's main passage:
      In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”

At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:1-8

     Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.    

    My Listening
    The topic I received today is: When can we wake up to know that we have been following the wrong boss?

    Today's Isaiah 6:1-8 tells us one of the most frightening happening in the Bible. Because when King Uzziah died, Isaiah got a wake up call from God that he had been following a wrong boss, King Uzziah! And then God opened his eyes to see the glorious scene of worshipping God in heaven!

    What really happened?

    Jewish tradition tells us that Amoz, Isaiah's father was the brother of King Amaziah and King Uzziah was the son of Amaziah (in 2 Kings 15:1-7 Uzziah also being called as Azariah). Which means Isaiah was King Uzziah's first cousin and a member of the royal family.

    King Uzziah had been a king of Judah for 52 years (783-742B.C.). According to 2 Chronicles 26:1-23 he was a good king who sought the Lord and God gave him success. But after more than 30 years of being king, he became powerful and his pride led to his downfall. He took the position of a priest and burned incense on the altar of incense. Leprosy broke out on his forehead right away(750B.C.) and he suffered leprosy for ten years and then died. (740B.C.)

    Isaiah 6:1-8 tells us when Isaiah saw with his eyes the boss he had been following for so many years died like that, he got his wake up call from God and an angel flew to him with a live coal to touch his mouth! 

    King Uzziah used live coal to burn incense and got leprosy. God sent an angel to use a live coal to burn his mouth! Wow!

    From then on, Isaiah was appointed and being anointed as a mighty prophet not to speak for his king anymore but to speak for his Heavenly King. God called him and he said the famous words: 

         "Here am I. Send me!"

    After hearing this miraculous historical happening, what have you received?

    Have you changed your boss yet?

     
     Dear Lord Jesus,  
    Help us to be willing to say to you, "Here am I. Send me!".  In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
o   
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to God?
    
           Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     


   Please click "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone" to receive more messages from Jesus to you and the fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit:

     

       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten  podcasts:
      Time with Abba, Depression Out:



       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

No comments:

好! 良善的僕人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...