Tuesday, June 11, 2013

DAY 388 - How Much Do You Listen And Obey? (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)




We have Bernie Mak joins in our 24/7 prayer campaign yesterday, thank you Bernie!

Let me tell you why I need your prayers so urgently. Please click this link which I wrote on August 10, 2009 to ask brothers and sisters to join in this campaign started on August 20, 2009, twenty days before my consecration as a bishop: http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-10.html

After that first period of 40 days of prayer campaign, I received direction from Jesus to continue the campaign from 40 days until now, 1,400 days. Since then I have been feeling a kind of blessing and protection I have never experienced. Michelle got leukemia 7 1/2 months after the launching of the campaign. Because of this very special prayer shield, we got over that "death valley". Not only does Michelle survive, the most important thing is that we strongly felt being prayed for and protected during that most critical months from April to July, 2010.

The past few months less and less brothers and sisters signed in the list. The consequence is that I feel the prayer shield is being thinner and thinner. And, recently in the past week Michelle's health has shown signs of "red light". That's why I need to ask for you help to pray for us so urgently.

Without the prayer shield since August 2009, I thought I could not go through quite a number of major challenges. Please join in today to pray for us!  

Please sign up for the new 14th 100 days 24/7 prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!!
Please click link below.

**NEW link for the  14th: 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (We are going to use this 13th list leads up to the 14th. 13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013)


Leslie is in recovery stage. Let's pray on until Leslie is completely recovered.


Today's Reading: Acts 10:1-16

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:


To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Please click this link to read Acts 10:1-16

Bible Study

      This passage shows the major shift of early church. Before that Christians would not spread the Gospel to the gentiles. After that the Gospel spread to the Jews as well as the gentiles.

     Here in this passage we see a very special situation of a double vision. Cornelius saw an angel telling him to bring Peter with exact direction of how to find him. Peter saw a vision of those things he as a Jew could not eat but God commanded him to eat.

     It's all about listen and obey. It's all about how clear God can tell His disciples something and how obedience His disciples obeyed and a miracle happened. 

     Do you think you can listen to the Lord like that? Do you think you can obey after your listened like that? 
                              
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: How much do you listen and obey?

    What I got from Jesus is a repeated calling for us to experience the power of listen and obey. And, the Lord gave some of us a powerful miraculous experience yesterday.

     Betty Lee, one of our parishioners, was admitted to Richmond Hospital last night because of severe pain in her hip. While quite a number of sisters were texting messages in my cel. wondering and praying who could take her home after the doctor discharged her around noon time, I walked in the ward ready to pray for her. Ignatius, my elder son, canceled his lunch appointment one hour before that time and sent me a message asking me to pick him up at Richmond Centre. Instead of telling Betty that Iggy was very tired and I need to take her home, I heard Jesus asked me to send a message to Iggy asking he to go to the hospital to take my car so that I could drive Betty home in her car. Let me pause here for a while to tell you what had already happened:
1. Betty was in a desperate need to have some one to drive her home even though she thought she could do it herself. God prepared Iggy and me to be the two angels coming in the right time to do the job.

2. Many brothers and sisters were sending messages worrying who could help Betty and were praying for God's intervention. They were astonished to read my messages telling them Iggy and I came in the right moment. That was such a powerful confirmation of God's love and care to Betty and a great encouragement to all of us.

Not only that! When Iggy and I were praying for Betty before we left the hospital we had a deep and thorough healing prayer for her to remove the hurt and anger she had in her family since she was 16. Some physical pain suddenly was gone and she could walk quite well when we left the hospital from her ward to the carpark and then from the carpark of her home to her home. She could not walk for a day already. I am not exaggerating but it did happened.

To Iggy and I it was like a double vision for the two of us. He got a feeling that he needed to cancel the lunch appointment after his lesson at Regent College thinking that he could go home to rest but instead God prepared him to have healing and freedom to Betty just like how God prepared Simon Peter to give freedom to Cornelius and his household. I got a feeling that I had to visit her at that time and it was the right time that Betty needed someone to help her to go home.

What Iggy and I experienced is just one of many examples of the urgency and power of listen and obey. Many Christians think that they cannot listen. That is not reasonable! If you are a Christian, which means you are a disciple of Jesus, how come you are not able to listen to your master? Impossible!

The real situation is that we listen but we rarely obey! That's what is usually happening to most Christians. And, because we rarely obey, the consequence is that we think that we are not able to listen. Very sad!

So, how much do you listen and obey? 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Lead us to be able to listen and obey as often as we can be.  In Jesus name we pray. Amen.



My email address: bishopsilasng@gmail.com

Please click this link to worship with us - 
Happy Day (Tim Hughes)

Chinese praise song - 
因主的名 Because of your Name




You can subscribe to my podcast feed here: in construction

You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 
Devotion on Fire 2(One year New Testament): http://bishopsilas2.blogspot.ca/
Devotion on Fire(A 3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/
Break.Build(A 40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/


Bible in One Year blog by Rev. Nicky Gumbel

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...