Monday, June 17, 2013

DAY 394 - I Come to Myself Because of Your Prayers! (請按此處收聼廣東話Cantonese podcast click here)


Please sign up for the new 14th 100 days 24/7 prayer campaign,
I need your prayers!!!
Please click link below.

**NEW link for the  14th: 13th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (We are going to use this 13th list leads up to the 14th. 13th from March 15 to June 22, 2013. 14th from June 22 to August 31, 2013)


 Leslie has a good progress the past four days. Let's pray on until Leslie is completely recovered.


Today's Reading: Acts 12:6-19

** If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from my Devotion on Fire blog:


To use this simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please click this link:

Please click this link to read Acts 12:6-19

Bible Study

      Let me draw to your attention of two passages in the Bible. One from Luke 15, the parable of the Prodigal Son. And the other is from today's passage, verse 11-12. Let's see what have you got from these two verses:

     But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger!  I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father,I have sinned against heaven and before you."    Luke 15:17-18                                            

     When Peter came to himself, he said, “Now I am sure that the Lord has sent his angel and rescued me from the hand of Herod and from all that the Jewish people were expecting.”
When he realized this, he went to the house of Mary, the mother of John whose other name was Mark, where many were gathered together and were praying.                                                 Acts 12:11-12                                 

     What have you got from these two passages? What did Jesus tell you now?
     
                              
Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage of scripture we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him, while listening to "Gabriel's Oboe"



Spiritual Journal

     What I heard from Jesus today is: I come to myself because of your prayers!

    Wow! What I got from Jesus today is beyond words can express. My eyes were opened suddenly when I read "When Peter came to himself". Then Jesus led me to think of the same words in the Prodigal Son parable "When he came to himself". Wow! It is exactly the same!

     What does it means? It means to me today that we can return to the state of a prodigal son any time when we are being pulled into distress, darkness, depressed, hopeless. Just like the prodigal son, away from home, far from his father.

     Can you imagine Peter was exactly like that? What make the difference? Prayers from the church at the house of Mary the mother of John Mark. Their prayer made a big, big difference that God sent an angel to rescue Peter. So, if they did not pray, would God still sent an angel to rescue Peter? We do not know. What we know is the power of prayers to make the rescue mission happened. And, the most important rescue mission is for Peter to come to himself, to wake up and to realize that no one could kill him if God did not allow. Peter's coming to himself led the Early Church to come to herself too. 

    What is that? We can become a prodigal son running away from home and our Heavenly Father's love being dragged into darkness and hopelessness. It is our corporate prayers that makes the difference. When we pray like never before there are more prodigal sons and daughters coming home. Just like how Peter went to the home of his house church right away knowing that it could be the most dangerous place on earth at that time.

     We as human beings are so weak and can become prodigal sons and daughters any time without our knowing. Let's come to ourselves right now! Come home and lets pray together like never before! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Lead us to be willing to pray, pray and pray so that many prodigal sons and daughters can come home and start praying. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.




My email address: bishopsilasng@gmail.com

Please click this link to worship with us - 
Amazing Grace – My Chains Are Gone (Chris Tomlin)

Chinese praise song - 
一生最美的祝福 The Most Wonderful Blessing of My Life



You may choose to follow my other daily blog: 
Devotion on Fire 2(One year New Testament): 

Devotion on Fire(3 years and 3 months plan, one chapter a day to finish reading the whole Bible): 

Break.Build(40 days daily devotion- First Baby Step for new Christians): http://www.breakbuild.blogspot.ca/

Emmanuel330 (40 weeks First Step Bible Study): 




Bible in One Year blog by Rev. Nicky Gumbel

好! 良善的僕人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...