Saturday, May 23, 2020

DAY 144 (2020) - What did David lack of? He was greedy for those he lack of! (Please click here for English podcast)




Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:



     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 72:1-7, 2 Samuel 2:12-3:39; John  13:1-30; Proverbs 15:29-30)


    Today's main passage:

 12 Then Abner sent messengers on his behalf to say to David, “Whose land is it? Make an agreement with me, and I will help you bring all Israel over to you.”
13 “Good,” said David. “I will make an agreement with you. But I demand one thing of you: Do not come into my presence unless you bring Michal daughter of Saul when you come to see me.” 14 Then David sent messengers to Ish-Bosheth son of Saul, demanding, “Give me my wife Michal, whom I betrothed to myself for the price of a hundred Philistine foreskins.”
15 So Ish-Bosheth gave orders and had her taken away from her husband Paltiel son of Laish. 16 Her husband, however, went with her, weeping behind her all the way to Bahurim. Then Abner said to him, “Go back home!” So he went back.
2 Samuel 3:12-16

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received today from Jesus is: What did David lack of? He was greedy for those he lack of!

    Yesterday's Proverbs 15:27 tells us that Greed is the most dangerous trap for us as a human. Actually greed destroyed the households of Saul, David and Solomon, just as Proverbs 15:27 says: "The greedy bring ruin to their households!"

     Saul was greedy after power, David was greedy after sex and Solomon was greedy after money, power and sex!

        Today I had a wonderful experience during my time with Abba! 

      The Holy Spirit opened my eye to see the other side of David's famous saying in Psalm 23 "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing." 

       In the state of David's lacking nothing, he did not aware what he really lack so that he was greedy of what he always lack? 

       What did David always lack? Please read these two passages and you know:

       17 Saul said to David, “Here is my older daughter Merab. I will give her to you in marriage; only serve me bravely and fight the battles of the Lord.” For Saul said to himself, “I will not raise a hand against him. Let the Philistines do that!”
18 But David said to Saul, “Who am I, and what is my family or my clan in Israel, that I should become the king’s son-in-law? 19 So when the time came for Merab, Saul’s daughter, to be given to David, she was given in marriage to Adriel of Meholah.
20 Now Saul’s daughter Michal was in love with David, and when they told Saul about it, he was pleased. 21 “I will give her to him,” he thought, “so that she may be a snare to him and so that the hand of the Philistines may be against him.” So Saul said to David, “Now you have a second opportunity to become my son-in-law.”
1 Samuel 18:17-21

Abigail quickly got on a donkey and, attended by her five female servants, went with David’s messengers and became his wife.43 David had also married Ahinoam of Jezreel, and they both were his wives. 44 But Saul had given his daughter Michal, David’s wife, to Paltiel son of Laish, who was from Gallim.
1 Samuel 25:42-44

David got set up by King Saul to lose two of his beloved women. One was Saul's elder daughter, the other was Saul's second daughter!
Then, we can see that David had six wives including Bathsheba who's husband David killed in order to get that woman!
      David's famous word is "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing". But when he got through all his difficult moments and God gave him rest from all his enemies around him, his dark side surfaced. His greed of lacking that two daughters of Saul as wives turned him to greed for sex and pulled him to commit great sins! 
     May we not greedy after anything but to have our whole being to follow Jesus and serve Him. 

     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Help us not to be greedy after anything but to have our whole being to follow you and serve youIn Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
    
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. What have you got from today's message of David's dark side? What has it to do with your relationship with Jesus?
     
     
      2.  What is your next step to make that happen?

     Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

 Please click "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone" to receive more messages from Jesus to you and the fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit:

     

       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten  podcasts:
      Time with Abba, Depression Out:



       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

No comments:

不要被困難及災難拆散夫婦的關係!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...