Saturday, May 16, 2020

DAY 137 (2020) - God's children love God and others, the devil's children hate others and live in jealousy! (Please click here for English podcast)




Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:



     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 69:19-28, 1 Samuel 18:5-19:24;John 8:31-59; Proverbs 15:12-14)


    Today's main passages:

      
 As they danced, they sang:
“Saul has slain his thousands,
    and David his tens of thousands.”
Saul was very angry; this refrain displeased him greatly. “They have credited David with tens of thousands,” he thought, “but me with only thousands. What more can he get but the kingdom? And from that time on Saul kept a close eye on David.
10 The next day an evil[a] spirit from God came forcefully on Saul. He was prophesying in his house, while David was playing the lyre, as he usually did. Saul had a spear in his hand 11 and he hurled it, saying to himself, “I’ll pin David to the wall.” But David eluded him twice.
12 Saul was afraid of David, because the Lord was with David but had departed from Saul. 
1 Samuel 18:7-12

31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me,for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 
John 8:31-32, 42-44

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received today from Jesus is: God's children love God and others, the devil's children hate others and live in jealousy!

    Today's 1 Samuel 18:7-12 and John 8:31-32,42-44 tells us this reality that worth lots of careful thoughts!

     How could a good leader, the first King of Israel who was personally chosen by God became a devil started with jealousy, really horrible!

     The only reason is that Saul left God, when God was not with him, then Satan could attack him through the gap of his life. And, the first gap of his life is jealousy, then hatred, cunning, killing...!

     Jesus tells us in today's John 8:31-32, 42-44 that this horrible situation could happen to anyone. Any people who leave God, not listening to God's word, not holding to Jesus teaching could become Satan's children!

     Do you know the gap of your life?


     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Help us to be close to you, listen and obey to your word and walk in your truth that we are able to know the gap of our life and because of your presence we won't be kidnaped to be Satan's childrenIn Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
    
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. How can you pray to ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you the gap of your life so that Satan won't get through those gap to kidnap you to be his child?
      
     
      2.  What is your next step to make that happen?

     Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

 Please click "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone" to receive more messages from Jesus to you and the fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit:

     

       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten  podcasts:
      Time with Abba, Depression Out:

        Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 



       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

No comments:

係時候每天親親親爸父啦!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...