Thursday, February 11, 2021

DAY 42 (2021) - Where is your God? (Please go to FaceBook(silastyng) to watch my video of this blog)

 



This two drawings is according to Psalm 42:1


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."


      Bible link: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%207&version=NIV

    Today's passage:
    

    BOOK II

Psalms 42–72

Psalm 42[a][b]

For the director of music. A maskil[c] of the Sons of Korah.

As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
    When can I go and meet with God?
My tears have been my food
    day and night,
while people say to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”
These things I remember
    as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go to the house of God
    under the protection of the Mighty One[d]
with shouts of joy and praise
    among the festive throng.

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

My soul is downcast within me;
    therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
    the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.
Deep calls to deep
    in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
    have swept over me.

By day the Lord directs his love,
    at night his song is with me—
    a prayer to the God of my life.

I say to God my Rock,
    “Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
    oppressed by the enemy?”
10 My bones suffer mortal agony
    as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
    “Where is your God?”

11 Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

    Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.    

    My Listening
    The topic I received from Jesus is Where is your God?

The psalmist in the deep sorrow of his sufferings got words from his enemies to mock him where was his God. Why God didn't come to save him and to lift him out of those sufferings. 

The worst thing was that he questioned about why God left him and allowed those bitter words from his enemies to sink into his soul that he was downcast and disturbed. 

What are you going to do in this kind of situation?

Do you think you can turn your eyes to how the psalmist did? Do you think you can say what the psalmist say?

Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. 
    (v. 5, 11)

That's the key to get out of darkness! The most important thing you need to know is that you have God daily as your Savior and your God. He won't leave you!

You pants for His words and presence just like the deer pants for streams of water! Have that thirst for God and you will be able to get through all your painful moments! 

So, where is your God? What's your answer?

    Dear Lord Jesus,
    Help us to be sure that we have you as our Savior and God in all times. Lead us into that thirst for a daily intimate relationship with you just like a deer pants for streams of water.   In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
       
      Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus?
    
           Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     


   Please click this link to worship with us - Be with You
     https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrUixO5HBdgk20AoBMXFwx.;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj?p=youtube+be+with+you+chc&fr=yhs-ima-st_mig&hspart=ima&hsimp=yhs-st_mig#id=1&vid=6c0ff1e7edbadbb31a80d2c6b7406a56&action=view

       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten  podcasts:
      Time with Abba, Singing Praising:



       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 


    Starting from January 1, 2021, I am going to lead you to read one Psalm everyday for 150 days that you can experience a powerful experience to use Psalm to pray and sing praises to the Lord. If you watch my daily morning prayer "Time with Abba, Singing and Praising" video, I am going to sing with you one song to praise the Lord!
    
    Praise the Lord that after a few months of preparation for this new series with a good friend, Alice Cheung, you can see a brand new look in my daily blog. Alice who is now the Vice Principal of Diocesan Girls' School (https://www.dgs.edu.hk/) is going to draw a painting each day to highlight the key message of that day's Psalm. You can see the photos below of Alice, one pictures was taken in Hong Kong of Michelle and me, and Alice and her husband Johnson. The other picture is with her Doctor of Education gown standing besides the Alumni Wall of DGS and with her name and the year 1984, the year she graduated in that school. She had been a principal of a high school for seven years and worked as a Vice Principal two years ago. 






No comments:

一個領䄂的興起

  歡迎您參加這星期六 (5月11日)溫哥華時間7:30pm 的"合唱敬禮"音樂會: 請參加下星期二 (5月14日)溫哥華時間7:30am-8:30am "使命113工作坊 - 分享" Please join next Tuesday(Ma...