3. Open your heart to praise the Lord
But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them ever sing for joy,
and spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may exult in you.
“Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
"Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."
Luke 4:13 says:
2. Follow Jesus' lead and you can pass the test
The only way to pass your next test and the coming tests is to follow Jesus' lead. Just as N.T. Wright says: He answers, each time, with the Bible and with God.
How well do you know the Bible? How well have you stored up scripture in your heart? How willing you are to be with God that you can pass your next test?
2. Do you tend to concede defeat to Satan and accept being a loser? Does failing become the norm? Or, how do you think God wants you to respond after today's devotional?
3. Instead of "doing" things and trying harder, Jesus wins because of his identity as God's beloved son, by "being" in relationship with the Father. How do you balance "doing" things for God and "being" with God?
1. In your family, do you share the struggles and tests that you face in following Jesus? If yes, share your current tests with your family. If no, why is it difficult for you to share about your tests?
2. Does your family tend to put more value on "doing" things for each other, or on "being" with each other? How do you balance "doing" and "being" as you face challenges together?Praise and ThanksgivingLet's give thanks for God with us.
Let us praise Him:10,000 Reasons