3. Open your heart to praise the Lord
O , our Lord,
“Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
"Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."
Jesus wants to show the people He is the light as prophesied by Isaiah as in Isaiah 9:1-2 so that if they follow Him they can be able to turn away from darkness and enter into His light. That's what repentance really is: to make a U-turn from walking deeper into darkness to the opposite direction towards the light, and then into the Light, that is, Jesus Himself.
2. What is the way to take people or yourself out of darkness? How can Jesus' words, "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is near," help people to be in the light (v.17)?
3. How can today's passage help you? How can you dwell in Jesus' presence and bring people to light rather than darkness?
1. In your family, how do you encourage each other?
2. Would you say there is a culture of encouragement? If not, why not? And, how could you begin a culture of encouragement that reflects Jesus' light?
Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him: