Tuesday, November 24, 2020

DAY 329 (2020) -From losing direction to finding direction! (Please go to FaceBook(silastyng) to watch my video of this blog)

 

   


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 129:1-8, Ezekiel 47:1-48:35; 1 Peter 2:11-3:7; Proverbs 28:12-13)


     TWA Bible link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

    
    Today's main passage:
    24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 
    For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 


Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.

1 Peter 2:24-3:2, 7




    Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.    

    My Listening
    The topic I received today from Jesus is: From losing direction to finding direction!

    This pandemic has caused a crisis of losing direction to many people globally. Many people live in fear each day, fearing of their financial status, their health situation and they cannot have good sleep and have lots of nightmares!

    If you had the experience of unable to find your way out in a place, you should know that kind of horrible feeling! This is what today's 1 Peter's passage wants to tell us that human beings is like sheep going astray without a direction and this has been a general phenomenon for centuries! But, today's passage also tells us how we can find our direction.
    1. We can never find our direction, only through Jesus Christ who died for us, saved us and leads us!

    2. We need to know that we are like sheep going astray and need to find our Shepherd and our Overseer. The Greek of Overseer is Episcopos which is apostle or bishop.

    3. We need to return to our Shepherd/Overseer so that He can feed us and that we feel safe and secure. We need to be under the leadership of those overseers and pastors appointed by Jesus to guide us in our home church that we can live out a life of true disciples of Jesus.

    4. If we really return to our Shepherd/Overseer that our character will be changed to become more like Christ that we can be able to lead our spouse to believe Jesus and our marriage will be a good example for many people.

     
     Dear Lord Jesus,
    Help us to truly return to you as our Shepherd and Overseer that our family will be richly blessed and be a good example to many people. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.
     
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus?
    
           Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     


   Please click "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone" to receive more messages from Jesus to you and the fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit:

     

       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten  podcasts:
      Time with Abba, Depression Out:



       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...