Monday, September 6, 2021

DAY 26 (2021) - Since When Are You Not Transparent? (Please go to FaceBook(silastyng) to watch my video of this blog)

 



 


Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people
3.   Sing a song to praise God (you are welcome to use "Father, I adore you" which I have been singing every morning for the past 20 years or your own choice to praise God)

          Father, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Jesus, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
          Spirit, I adore You, lay my life before You, how I love You.
      

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:


     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gifts to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

3.  John Stott's daily prayer of Christlikeness (Christopher J.H. Wright, Cultivating the fruit of the Spirit. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2017, 13)

(Please click this link to see how God used John Stott to change my life:https://bishopsilas.blogspot.com/2009/07/

           "Heavenly Father, I pray that this day I may live in your presence and please you more and more.

             Lord Jesus, I pray that this day I may take up my cross and follow you.

             Holy Spirit, I pray that this day you will fill me with yourself and cause your fruit to ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control."


    Bible link: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%207&version=NIV

    Time with Abba one year Bible reading: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

    Today's passage:
   

Matthew 5

Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.

The Beatitudes

He said:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Salt and Light

13 “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him. 

   
     My Listening
The topic I received from Jesus is: Since When Are You Not Transparent?

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.” Matthew5: 8 

John Stott says in his Sermon on Mount Bible study that “pure in heart” means to be transparent before God and His people. It would be good to add in what I have heard from Jesus on my Day 1 as the meaning of “see” in this verse:
7. Optano(You will see greater things than these, John 1: 50, 51) – To allows one’s self to be seen. 
Matthew 5: 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.

What does it mean by allow one’s self to be seen? 
Lots of time we put on masks preventing people to see us. Or, more critical we even put on masks thinking that people can’t see us and even God can’t see us. That is not how a transparent person is called to be.
Jesus led me to find these verses as an inspiration for us to meditate on the simplicity of being transparent:
To have a Father 
“I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18: 3

“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19: 14

Jesus told me today that to be transparent is a “relational” term. It happens in a family, between the trustful relationship of a father and a son. Only in that relationship or similar close relationship can we be really transparent.

To have a family of brothers and sisters 
I don’t need to hide anything to my family members. 
Though quite a number of families even Christian family have so many things to hide: feelings, anger, distrust, worries, misunderstanding, control… 

We need to have the courage to open up ourselves to be transparent. 
Some people say that they have tried but were deeply hurt so they won’t try again. They don’t want to enter into any relationship, don’t want to be transparent again. 

Is this God’s will? 
If you are able to be transparent before God, you would enjoy worshiping the Lord. And you can quite often experience great joy, joy with tears, joy that you even want to dance, to shout out loudly to praise Jesus. 

If you are able to be transparent before His people, then you would put down your masks and start showing your true self to others. By this transparency His Kingdom will be extended as we experience the power of a Church family under the Lordship of Jesus. 

So, what is your choice? 
Now you need to ask the Lord to help you to become more and more transparent!

Dear Lord Jesus, 
Help me to be more and more transparent before you and other people to build up a transparent relationship in your Kingdom work.  In Jesus name we pray,
 
Amen.

           
      Reflect on these questions:
     1. What inspiration have you received from today's catch and what have you heard from Jesus now?
      
      2.  What is your next step to be more closer to Jesus?
    
      Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

        
Please click this link to worship with us - 


     To know, learn and practice the method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

No comments:

我呼求的日子,所有強敵都要轉身退後!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...