Tuesday, May 7, 2019

DAY 127 (2019) - Do you know why prayer is so important? (Please click here for English podcast)



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people


Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 66:16-20;1 Samuel 1:1-2:21; John 5:1-23, Proverbs 14:28-29)

Bible link:English(NIV):https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+2&version=NIV

Today's main passage:

If I had cherished sin in my heart,    the Lord would not have listened;
    but God has surely listened
    and has heard my prayer.    Psalm 66:18-19

    “Not so, my lord,” Hannah replied, “I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the Lord.
                                             1 Samuel 1:15

    Then Hannah prayed and said:
“My heart rejoices in the Lord;
    in the Lord my horn is lifted high.
My mouth boasts over my enemies,
    for I delight in your deliverance.
“There is no one holy like the Lord;
    there is no one besides you;
    there is no Rock like our God.      
1 Samuel 2:1-2


And the Lord was gracious to Hannah; she gave birth to three sons and two daughters. Meanwhile, the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the Lord.
                                                   1 Samuel 2:21

     Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.            John 5:19-20


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.


My Listening
Today's Psalm teaches us that our God is a God who listen to our prayers! Unless we cherish sins, if not, He won't reject our prayers!

Today's 1 Samuel teaches us a living example of how God listens to our prayers through Hannah who poured out her soul to God and God answered her prayer! God made this barren woman to have Samuel, then after Hannah fulfilled her vow to give Samuel to God, God rewarded her faith to let her to have three more sons and two daughters!

There is something powerful happened a while ago when I was writing this blog! I was about to conclude with the previous paragraph but Jesus suddenly talked to me, He said, "Not enough! You need to tell them why my prayers had so much power."

After that, Jesus showed me John 5:19-20 and made the two verses became like video. I saw a father teaching his son to swim and he said, "I swim like this, good, you follow and do it likewise." Then I saw a piano teacher told his student,"Let me play this bit, good, you do it likewise."

I think this is what Jesus wants to tell you why prayer is so important. Real prayer is actually a very close distance with God, a relationship with God that you can pour out your soul to Him, the faith that you can be able to see what Jesus do and do it likewise! Can you pray like that?

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to have a very close distance with you, a relationship with you that we can pour out our souls and the faith that we can be able to see what you do and do likewise In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
1. How has today's message given you inspiration and strength?

2.  What is your next step to have a very close distance with Jesus, a relationship with Him that you can pour out your soul and the faith that you can be able to see what He does and do likewise?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to challenge your family members whether they know why prayer is so important.

Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

No comments:

主賜福給你,保䕶你!

  請參加下星期二 (5月14日)溫哥華時間7:30am-8:30am "使命113工作坊 - 分享" Please join next Tuesday(May 14) Connecting Workshop "MISSION 113: Sharin...