Wednesday, May 22, 2019

DAY 142 (2019) - In Jesus, you are in the Light each day, impossible to have depression (Please click here for English podcast)



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people


Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 71:19-24; 1 Samuel 1:1-2:11; John 12:20-50, Proverbs 15:27-28)

Bible link:English(NIV):https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+2&version=NIV

Today's main passages: 
Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens,
    you who have done great things.
    Who is like you, God?
Though you have made me see troubles,
    many and bitter,
    you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
    you will again bring me up.
You will increase my honor
    and comfort me once more.
I will praise you with the harp
    for your faithfulness, my God;
I will sing praise to you with the lyre,
    Holy One of Israel.
My lips will shout for joy
    when I sing praise to you—
    I whom you have delivered.
My tongue will tell of your righteous acts
    all day long,
for those who wanted to harm me
    have been put to shame and confusion.      Psalm 71:19-24

   “How the mighty have fallen in battle!
    Jonathan lies slain on your heights.
I grieve for you, Jonathan my brother;
    you were very dear to me.
Your love for me was wonderful,
    more wonderful than that of women.
“How the mighty have fallen!
    The weapons of war have perished!”              2 Samuel 1:25-27

23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.24 Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.25 Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

35 Then Jesus told them, “You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you.Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going.36 Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” 

44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
                                                                John 12:23-26, 35-36, 44-46


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

My Listening
Today's passages are very rich! I could not stop my scribing the Bible this morning during our 6am TWA. Praise the Lord! 

I'ver got some important insights from today's main passages:
1. Many bitter troubles, many experiences of God's salvation and restoration(Psalm 71:19-21)
    But, lots of people complain and run away from God. The consequence is that they live in a darkness of death, darkness, anxiety and depression! 

2. This experience leads us to be able to sing praises to the Lord all day long and to witness God's glory(Psalm 71:21-24)
    But, lots of people sink in their work and their cel. phone all day long as an addiction. Sing praises to the Lord all day long is impossible! 

3. The mighty Saul who deserted God had fallen in battle together with his three sons and all his soldiers. They all died because of Saul! (1 Samuel 1:25-27)

4.  Jesus was on the cross, those who follow Him need to be on the cross to glorified Him  (John 12:23-26)
     The biggest problem of Christians nowaday is not willing to die!  Me is lord, money is lord, busy-ness is lord, cel. phone is lord but not JESUS IS LORD!  

5.  Jesus is light, He is the light of the world, believe in the light to become children of light (John 12:35-36)
     When people leave the Light, they could walk into darkness any time. Darkness somewhat is like a mine field, could blow you off any time if you have not cleared those mines deep down in your soul!
     Recently I have been trying my best to help some people out of depression. Most of them left Jesus for sometime, stop daily devotion for sometime and then darkness, discouragement, anxiety and depression invade their souls step by step until they cannot not pull themselves out of that! 

6.  In Jesus, you are in the Light each day, impossible to have depression  (John 12:44-46)
     This is my big catch today and promise. We had a pastor joined our daily morning prayer TWA since last Friday. Today is the 6th day! He has been in counselling and medication for some months. This morning he witnessed that suddenly he lost the feeling of depression since last Friday! Wow! Praise the Lord! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to be with you each day to praise you and worship you so that we can witness the blessing of God with us, Emmanuel.  In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
1. Any inspiration from today's message ?
2.  What is your next step to be with Jesus each day to praise Him and worship Him so that you can witness the blessing of God with us?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to share with your family about the importance of "in the Light daily".

Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

No comments:

大能的勇士啊,耶和華與你同在!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...