Sunday, May 19, 2019

DAY 139 (2019) - Jesus' sheep can be able to listen to His voice (Please click here for English podcast)



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people


Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 71:1-8; 1 Samuel 24:1-25:44; John 10:22-42, Proverbs 15:20-21)

Bible link:English(NIV):https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+2&version=NIV

Today's main passages: 
    25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”                      John 10:25-30

     16 When David finished saying this, Saul asked, “Is that your voice,David my son?” And he wept aloud. 17 “You are more righteous than I,”he said. “You have treated me well, but I have treated you badly. 18 You have just now told me about the good you did to me; the Lord delivered me into your hands, but you did not kill me. 19 When a man finds his enemy, does he let him get away unharmed? May the Lord reward you well for the way you treated me today. 20 I know that you will surely be king and that the kingdom of Israel will be established in your hands.21 Now swear to me by the Lord that you will not kill off my descendants or wipe out my name from my father’s family.
22 So David gave his oath to Saul. Then Saul returned home, but David and his men went up to the stronghold.                                     1 Samuel 24:16-22



Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

My Listening
Yesterday we read 1 Samuel 23:2-13 and knew that in just twelve verses David asked God four times and God answered him right away four times.

Many people think that this kind of being able to talk to God's lifestyle happened only to those very important servants of God and not to ordinary Christians. Wrong! This wrong mentality makes quite a number of Christians lose the opportunity to build up an intimate relationship with God!

If you can be able to listen to God's voice, then you can act just like David - to treat well to those who want to harm you!

Jesus says in John 10:26-27:
26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 

Are you able to listen to Jesus's voice everyday?
If you can, then you are Jesus' sheep!
If you are not able to listen to Jesus' voice everyday, then where are you? Because a sheep cannot be without its shepherd, even one day! 

Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to be able to listen to you each day so that we can be sure that we are your sheep.  In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
1. Any inspiration from today's message ?
2.  What is your next step to be able to listen to Jesus' voice everyday?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to share with your family about today's message.

Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...