Tuesday, May 14, 2019

DAY 134 (2019) - I am the light of the world, follow me, you won't walk in darkness and you will have the light of life (Please click here for English podcast)



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people


Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:

     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”


2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 69:5-12; 1 Samuel 15:1-16:23; John 8:1-20, Proverbs 15:8-10)

Bible link:English(NIV):https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Judges+2&version=NIV

Today's main passages:

But Samuel replied:
"Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices 
   as much as in obeying the Lord?
To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
For rebellion is like the sin of divination,
  and arrogance like the evil of idolatry.
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord,
  he has rejected you as king.          1 Samuel 15:22-23

Jesus said,"I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,
   but will have the light of life."               John 8:12


Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

My Listening
What kind of sin had Saul committed equal to reject God and that the consequence was to be rejected by God?
The answer is he did not obey God's command! 

Why did the woman who was caught in adultery not to be condemned by Jesus and that no one stoned her?
The answer is because of Jesus' mercy to give her a chance to repent and commanded her to leave her life of sin! 

Why Saul did not have a chance to repent and the woman had?
The answer is you are not God, you do not know!

According to studies, that woman became Jesus best friend to follow Jesus to the end and she was the woman that Jesus first appeared to after He was risen. Her name is Mary Magdalene!

Dear Lord Jesus,
You are the light of the world, I am willing to follow you all my life so that I can be out of darkness and receive the light of life.  In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Reflect on these questions:
1. Any inspiration from today's message?
2.  What is your next step not to walk in darkness but to receive the light of life?

Family Corner:
Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message.

Praise and Thanksgiving
Let's give thanks for God with us. Let us praise Him:
10,000 Reasons


To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: http://api.pastoralcareschool.org/twa/

Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten podcasts:
Time with Abba, Depression Out:

Break.Build: 破.立 Break.Build: 
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideal.bb.app

To purchase my new book "MicroMacro Discipline" please click these links below:
Amazon.com
Click here for paperback
Click here for Kindle 

No comments:

誰能使我們與基督的愛隔絕呢?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...