Tuesday, June 2, 2020

DAY 154 (2020) - Those who trust in the Lord and love Him will not be shaken but endures forever! (Please click here for English podcast)




Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:



     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 125:1-5, 2 Samuel 19:11-20:13; John 21:1-25; Proverbs 16:16-17)


    Today's main passages:
Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
    which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
    so the Lord surrounds his people
    both now and forevermore.
     Psalm 125:1-2

15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”
“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”
16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”
Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 
John 21:15-17

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passages we have just read. Offer this time up to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received today from Jesus is: Those who trust in the Lord and love Him will not be shaken but endures forever!


    Today's Psalm 125:1-2 and John 21:15-17 give us comfort and confirmation of God's protection in the midst of this chaotic world:
    1. Those who trust in the Lord will have an eternal protection like mountains surrounding Jerusalem. This is God's promise to the Israelites and to all who trust Him, do you believe that also happen in you? Are you in the protection of God like mountains surrounding Jerusalem?

     2. When the risen Christ Jesus asked Peter three times "Do you love me", on one hand is to give him a chance to reverse his three times denial knowing Jesus, on the other hand is to remind him and us of what does it mean by loving Jesus. Because we always love other things more than Jesus! What are those things you love more than Jesus?

     3. When the risen Christ Jesus asked Peter three times "Do you love me", He also wants to tell Peter and us that loving Him means we need to do the same things as He did for that three years he was with all His disciples. And, that is to take care and to feed the little lambs and sheep Jesus gives us to love! Have you been doing that?


     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Thank you for your eternal protection like mountains surrounding Jerusalem. Help us not to love those things more than you and be willing to take care and feed those little lambs and sheep you give us to love. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
     
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. How can you not to love those things more than Jesus and be willing to take care and feed those little lambs and sheep Jesus give you to love?
     
      2.  What is your next step to make that happen?

     Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     

 Please click "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone" to receive more messages from Jesus to you and the fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit:

     

       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten  podcasts:
      Time with Abba, Depression Out:



       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

No comments:

因爲你專心跟從主,能趕走最強的敵人!

  楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos, October 16, 2022: https://youtu.be/Mp0-JPx4Vac https://youtu.be/MyO6...