Sunday, June 21, 2020

DAY 173 (2020) - As close as to your mentor as possible! (Please click here for English podcast)



Silence

1.   Put on your “brakes” and stop for a moment of silence
2.   Wait for God. Breathe deep for God's peace and feel His presence. Exhale your worries.

Praise and Thanksgiving

1.   Think through your day, all the times that made you smile
2.   Thank God for all those moments, and for all those people

Confession and Repentance (Subjective Shifting Devotion Method http://bishopsilas.blogspot.ca/2009/08/count-down-5-subject-shifting-devotion.html)

1.  Pray for the Holy Spirit to shine on you that you are able to discover your sins and be willing to repent:



     “Dear Holy Spirit, shine your light into the places of darkness in my life. Show me my sins, everything that blocks me from encountering God and having Jesus as my Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”



2.  Through the Holy Spirit, examine yourself for a short silence and then pray:

     "Dear Lord Jesus, thank you for dying on the cross for our sins and being victorious over death and sin. I confess my sin to you(pause, to tell Jesus what the Holy Spirit has shown you). Forgive my sins by your blood and help me follow you. Holy Spirit, fill me that I may be able to receive your gift to love God and His people. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen."

The Word, Time with Abba (Psalm 136:10-22, 2 Kings 1:1-2:25; Acts 13:42-14:7; Proverbs 17:19-21)


    Today's main passage:
Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here, Elisha; the Lord has sent me to Jericho.
And he replied, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So they went to Jericho.
The company of the prophets at Jericho went up to Elisha and asked him, “Do you know that the Lord is going to take your master from you today?”
“Yes, I know,” he replied, “so be quiet.”
Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here; the Lord has sent me to the Jordan.”
And he replied, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So the two of them walked on.
Fifty men from the company of the prophets went and stood at a distance, facing the place where Elijah and Elisha had stopped at the Jordan. Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry ground.
When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”
“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.
10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”
11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore it in two.
13 Elisha then picked up Elijah’s cloak that had fallen from him and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan. 14 He took the cloak that had fallen from Elijah and struck the water with it. “Where now is the Lord, the God of Elijah?” he asked. When he struck the water, it divided to the right and to the left, and he crossed over.
15 The company of the prophets from Jericho, who were watching, said, “The spirit of Elijah is resting on Elisha.” And they went to meet him and bowed to the ground before him. 
2 Kings 2:4-15

Let's have a time to be still and give the Holy Spirit space to speak through the passage we have just read. Offer this time to Jesus as you listen to him.

    My Listening
    The topic I received today is: As close as to your mentor as possible!

    Today's 2 Kings passage helps us to understand how important it is of the relationship with a mentor and his disciple. And, the immense blessing of having an anointed mentor!

    As Elisha asked his mentor Elijah:

    “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.
“You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

    Today is Father's Day, I give thanks to the Lord for giving me very good spiritual fathers: Archdeacon K. W. Tsang, Bishop Thomas Soo, Rev. Dr. Joseph Ignatius Hunt, Rev. Dr. John Stott, Dr. Philemon Choi, Dr. S. K. Lee, Archbishop Ping Chung Yong, Professor Rev. Dr. Eddie Gibbs, Professor Rev. Dr. Gil Stieglitz, Professor Rev. Dr. Terry Walling. 

     Without the close relationship with them many years ago to learn what "Christlikeness" is, I would be another person! Praise the Lord!

     I hope that you can give thanks to the Lord for your spiritual fathers today. If possible, send them a message to express your gratitude to them. And, I hope and pray that you can be a Elisha as a good mentor and spiritual father to nurture more Christlike disciples for Jesus!


     Dear Lord Jesus,  
     Thank you for giving us good mentors and spiritual fathers, Lord Jesus. Help us to be close to them to learn from them to be a good mentor and spiritual father. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen.
     
     Reflect on these questions:
     1. How can you be as close to your mentor and spiritual father that you can also become a good mentor and spiritual father 
      
      2.  What is your next step to make this happen?

           Family Corner:
     Find an opportunity to share with your family the importance of today's message. 
     


   Please click "Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone" to receive more messages from Jesus to you and the fresh anointing from the Holy Spirit:

     

       To know, learn and practice this method of Time with Abba, please click this link: https://www.pastoralcareschool.org

       Please click this link if you have an Android Cel to listen to the most recent ten  podcasts:
      Time with Abba, Depression Out:



       Welcome to use my first blog: Read one chapter of Bible a day 

No comments:

神為何仍未出手?

  大齋期四十日 "破。立"每日靈修,請按下面連結: http://breakbuild.blogspot.com/   楊平忠大主教領受 "使命113"異象之見證 Archbishop Yong’s MISSION 113 videos,...